Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Re: EPing to EBF- major engorgment :-(

If you are gagging and choking him, let your breast empty into a towel at first. This will help with the initial onslaught. I have to do this and my little guy is 7 days old EBF. He gets a shower every time I put him to breast, and I am still having some engorgement issues. I've been pumping just once a day to build up a freezer stash, but hand expressing during actual breast feedings at first, in order not to spray the poor kid!

Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Feed in more upright position.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the advice everyone. I've ditched the pump competely (returning my rental this week...sad and happy day!) and have been spraying into the sink or a PF before a feeding when I feel super engorged. Man, I could put out a fire with that spray! lol He's been nursing much, much better since doing that and letting him nurse from the same time for two sessions in a row. I haven't gotten the super painful engorged feeling since earlier today and he's actually softening the breast finally so here's to hoping my supply is finally regulating.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote