Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #101
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A note from your child's teacher...

I have never had a parent call my home or cell phone number, if they did, I would not be happy and would let them know that they could leave me a message at school, email me, or send a note with their student.

I think unless I teacher specifically says "this is my home number, feel free to call me whenever you need something" it is rude to assume you should use it.

Several of our Dr's were parents at the school I taught, I had access to their phone numbers because of the parent directory, I would NEVER even consider using those numbers to contact them about their professional lives, even though I had the number. Having a number and someone telling you that you can use it are two very different things.

There are so many other ways to get in contact with teachers, I can't think of a situation that warrants a call at home (even emergencies should be handled through the office IMO)

Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #102
lalaith
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KaiMom* View Post
I honestly don't see the issue. You called from that number (if you don't want people to have it you should block it) what if 730 was the only time she could call? What if she doesn't have email? 730 is a reasonable time IMHO...between dinner and bedtime.
This. You opened the door by calling from that number in the first place. Of course a parent would think that was your preferred number.
and the joy my munchkin brings!
lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #103
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaith

This. You opened the door by calling from that number in the first place. Of course a parent would think that was your preferred number.
I call her from work regularly. She leaves me voicemails regularly. She knew it was my home number.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #104
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
I call her from work regularly. She leaves me voicemails regularly. She knew it was my home number.
That doesn't sound like some social/professional bumble. That sounds like someone who feels entitled to "service" when she doesn't get an immediate answer through her usual avenues of communication and purposely steps it up a notch so you are compelled to meet her "needs" right then.