Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
promotion of an idea...

Bottom line up front: Can I start a coupon train in the thrifty section?

I'd like to start a coupon train for military mama's overseas. Anyone can participate but the final "station" will be a military mama that is overseas. They can use coupons that are up to six months past their expiration date and this can be a good way to get rid of our own coupons that are expired.

I can start this, anyone can join (as long as a military mama overseas is the final recipient).

I wanted to ask if this is something I can do here on DS before getting started. And I'm asking in this forum so maybe if someone else is interested, they can post here so I can start to get an idea of the number of participants to keep track of.

I already know of one mama that would be most appreciative of an envelope of coupons. So if there are other military mama's that can use one as well, we can get more than one train going.

Thanks!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: promotion of an idea...

Let me check with the other Admins about this.
Juan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think its a great idea My only concern is keeping addresses safe. Its sort of like the "fairy" idea - its a bit of a liability to give out addresses. Did you have an idea on how that would work?
MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #4
nadjarea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could we send the coupons to one mama...who will send them all to the overseas mamas?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadjarea View Post
Could we send the coupons to one mama...who will send them all to the overseas mamas?
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
dirtdartwife
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJo View Post
I think its a great idea My only concern is keeping addresses safe. Its sort of like the "fairy" idea - its a bit of a liability to give out addresses. Did you have an idea on how that would work?
Hmmm... The only way I can think of keeping addresses safe is if one (or just two) people are the "lead" people to take addresses of willing participants and then when someone new posts onto the thread that they want to participate, then the the poster above them will be sent the new persons address so they can send the envelope. Did that make sense?

We can keep the trains to a limited 10 people so there isn't mass confusion as to where it starts/stops, etc.

IE: I start a train and willing participants email/PM me with their address. Anyone that posts on the thread will get an address of the poster below them. I can send each participant the information of the poster below them so there isn't mass confusion as to who was "really" below them and no one is getting a huge list of addresses.

We can open it up, take about three days to get 10 participants, then two days to get all the info in and disperse it, and then the first person get it started by mailing out an envelope.

The final person is a military mama overseas. I know of one that is willing to be a recipient, and I know there are others that would be more than happy to receive coupons.

Any interested parties can go to www.commissaries.com to find out what types of coupons the overseas mamas can use (in a nutshell... any manufacturer coupons that aren't store specific, and up to 6 months expired)

Anyone have any other ideas as to how this can work... or even have experience with running an actual coupon train?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
dirtdartwife
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadjarea View Post
This could work great as well.

We can do a "muster" type deal where we put out a thread that asks mamas to clear their expired coupons and send a PM to one mama for her address and she can send them to the military mama.

But this is a very workable idea.