Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #151
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Lynn--I love that picture of Ayla!! So sweet...and so exciting to be reminded of the pot of gold at the end of these rainbows

Elena-- praying for you!

Advertisement

happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #152
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Keeping you in prayers, Elena.
Thank you Andrea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
I'm hoping just a couple weeks is all I need for more thumps! 5am? No thanks haha. Smidget (DS1) was a morning wiggler and Deagan (DS2/loss) was a night wiggler so I want to see what this baby does. So far it's too sporadic to tell

And YAY for first appointment and HB and scheduling that appointment. GOOD LUCK and I'll be praying.
Yeah, 5-6am is no bueno for the partying. This morning I woke up bummed out because apparently I was so tired last night (I assume it was a lot of the stress and anxiety relief that exhausted me so much... and this crap cold I have coming on) that I slept through the night - yay for sleep, boo for missing the party
I bugged Hiccup, trying to wake him up and get kicks. I did succeed in getting him moving... but instead of kicking me, he rolled over (I think he'd had his back to my back, as I could feel the bumps of head and bum (though still can't tell them apart just yet) but no line of back/side). Anyways, he rolled over and SHOVED out against my belly - it was so hard and so strong, it actually hurt! Turd.
I left him alone after that

Thanks Marie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
Elena-- praying for you!
Thank you!

AFM: I forgot to say in my post yesterday - while at the appt I did find out a couple things/results from all the testing with Elli.
There was a letter from either the OB or the geneticist that said they suspected her of having congenital myo dystrophy. This we all ready knew, had learned at the first appt with them. I don't know if this was their final diagnosis for her or not. I should ask him next time for a copy of it - I would like to add it to the papers I have for her (does that sound really strange? maybe).
The results of DH's and my karyotypes were there - both were normal, no abnormalities or whatnot. So that's a good thing.
There was nothing about my own specific test for myo dystrophy - I am assuming it wouldn't be "lumped together" with the karyotyping results. And there was nothing on the amnio we had - we are assuming it was inconclusive, because of how long she had all ready been dead when we did it, but I assume there would be results confirming that somewhere out there.

I'd like to get those other results as well, so we'll see if we can request them or track them down. It's not a dire "needed right now" thing, though, just that I'd like to have them for my own knowledge, kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #153
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Elena that makes sense to me that you'd want the papers. Not strange at all.

AFM-I'm already on Miralax and a super high dose of Magnesium (the Magnesium dose alone would make me have horrible diarrhea without the Zofran!). Need something stronger though apparently. I am sure the fact that I am still not holding down much liquids (food is better) and because I am so exhausted am not moving much is contributing but none of these can really be changed. Oh well. And my baby apparently had a BIG growth spurt because I couldn't find him/her in the usual spot this morning with the doppler and then found the hb a good 2" higher up! Which is now midline to my belly button so baby is officially out of my pelvis!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #154
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Elena that makes sense to me that you'd want the papers. Not strange at all.

AFM-I'm already on Miralax and a super high dose of Magnesium (the Magnesium dose alone would make me have horrible diarrhea without the Zofran!). Need something stronger though apparently. I am sure the fact that I am still not holding down much liquids (food is better) and because I am so exhausted am not moving much is contributing but none of these can really be changed. Oh well. And my baby apparently had a BIG growth spurt because I couldn't find him/her in the usual spot this morning with the doppler and then found the hb a good 2" higher up! Which is now midline to my belly button so baby is officially out of my pelvis!
I'm glad it doesn't sound strange to someone. I don't know if some people would think it morbid? Or kinda "beating a dead horse"? But I want to have everything I can from our time with her - I won't have school report cards and pictures and drawing, all I have to gather are these papers and reports.
I'm sure my Dr won't have any issue with me asking - he's very open with me, letting me have copies of many things that some Drs would likely say aren't necessary for me to have.

Hmm... I bet it is because of those factors - less fluid intake and activity. Hope you can figure something out to help
for a growth spurt! That's right on track for "popping" up out of the pelvis
Old 11-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #155
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Lynn - what an adorable little squishy! Makes me even more excited to welcome this little miss in just a few short months.

Elena - keeping you in my thoughts and I'm glad to hear that this hospital will hopefully help ease some (maybe?) anxiety. For me, as the appts and pregnancy go on without complications, its been easier to get excited and be happy. I hope it'll be the same for you.

Working all weekend over here. Yay. Note the lack of enthusiasm. Had an uneventful OB appt yesterday. BP was low for me but normal for this pregnancy, little miss' HB was good and she kept kicking the doppler. Next appt will be the 1 hr gtt already!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #156
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Yay for growth spurts and big rolling pushes, even if they hurt!

And I wanted EVERYTHING from Deagan. I have it ALL. It's all ill ever have if him, so I'm hoarding it!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #157
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Elena - keeping you in my thoughts and I'm glad to hear that this hospital will hopefully help ease some (maybe?) anxiety. For me, as the appts and pregnancy go on without complications, its been easier to get excited and be happy. I hope it'll be the same for you.

Working all weekend over here. Yay. Note the lack of enthusiasm. Had an uneventful OB appt yesterday. BP was low for me but normal for this pregnancy, little miss' HB was good and she kept kicking the doppler. Next appt will be the 1 hr gtt already!
Thank you!
I really don't understand how every other area/ward in the hospital is good - personal, kind, gentle, nice - when the stupid u/s dept isn't. It's like
they're a totally different place
If Hiccup looks good on the u/s and all is well, then I think we'll be able to really start feeling excited. Right now, we are able to have some moments of feeling happy - feeling these kicks and movements is helping a lot all ready. But at the same time, we know that there are so many things that could be wrong with a baby that still allow for movement. It's not an optimistic way of looking at things, unfortunately, but just real. Once we are able to see and hear that Hiccup is formed and developed and healthy - that will be a major step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Yay for growth spurts and big rolling pushes, even if they hurt!

And I wanted EVERYTHING from Deagan. I have it ALL. It's all ill ever have if him, so I'm hoarding it!
I was thinking the same thing - definitely wasn't complaining about the hurt of it! I was really surprised that he was able to push that hard, though - crazy! It was definitely a "i'm here mom. now mess off so i can sleep!"

Yes, that's exactly how I feel about those things.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #158
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness! The girl that is knitting the coming home outfit for me sent me a picture of the longies!!! Oh my! I'm so excited! They are just so, so cute! I don't know how to post a picture on here though!! I'll figure it out eventually.....I ordered another NB cloth diaper and cover today too! It's getting so real!

Elena~I know what you're feeling...we felt like that with this baby until the L2 u/s at 18 weeks...now having u/s every 3 weeks and I ask the same questions everytime to make sure nothing disappeared or nothing "extra" (Baby Jack had 6 toes/fingers on each hand and foot) has appeared. Once you get that u/s and hear that everything is just fine things will be so much easier! I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Sounds like everyone else is doing fairly well, from what I read unless I missed something

AFM: Hot date with hubs tonight....dinner and grocery shopping.... I'm such a dork!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #159
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
Oh my goodness! The girl that is knitting the coming home outfit for me sent me a picture of the longies!!! Oh my! I'm so excited! They are just so, so cute! I don't know how to post a picture on here though!! I'll figure it out eventually.....I ordered another NB cloth diaper and cover today too! It's getting so real!

Elena~I know what you're feeling...we felt like that with this baby until the L2 u/s at 18 weeks...now having u/s every 3 weeks and I ask the same questions everytime to make sure nothing disappeared or nothing "extra" (Baby Jack had 6 toes/fingers on each hand and foot) has appeared. Once you get that u/s and hear that everything is just fine things will be so much easier! I'll keep you in my thoughts!
That's great! It's good that it's getting real - likely less than 10 weeks to go, it's gonna get real real very soon!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Feeling Hiccup moving and kicking, and me measuring right on (with Elli I only measured 11cm at 17wks) - those things are really helping me feel less worried. But the u/s is the big thing.
And I can't believe it's in 6 days.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #160
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*crickets singing*

Hope all is well with everyone!