Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #1331
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: VETERANS DAY! KAL 11/11-11/17 Knit to a goal!

Hi Mel...Bye Mel

Off to the inlaws for dinner

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #1332
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
no there was no un-announcement. I'm just starting to rethink some things and I would LOVE to have another but I can't deal with the stress...If I get rid of it, then maybe something will happen.
I'm still sending baby dust your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Lol! Logan just ran up to me butt naked, wrapped in a baby blanket, holding a piece of yarn and said "I'm Cat Woman! I gotta whip!"
Hahaha! I tell DH about the sagas of superbad sometimes, we take comfort in the fact that Pi is not alone in his absolutely insane boyish antics. He was in tears over this one and said "yup, that would so be Pi"

Quote:
those that store their yarn on shelves...do you store them open air or are they in bags?
Depends. If I think it's going to be a while before I knit it, usually plastic. A lot of my handspun stays open, because I knit through it pretty fast. Most of my stash is fiber though. Fiber I keep varying, superwash can be open, non superwash is usually bagged but VERY LOOSELY, it's all on shelves in the closet where it's dark and protected from animal hair etc.

Quote:
yeah All of mine are stored in ziplocs in totes. Just thinking about rearranging my sewing room and wanting to get more shelves to store my yarn in. Maybe I'll keep them in their bags and get bins to put on the shelves.

something like this:
That's what I have that my yarn stays in, I have some totes or crates pushed into that.

Midwife appt went well. They found a heartbeat right away, in the 150s again. She asked about movement, which I have felt today, and I said it was much less regular than with Pixie. She said it was placenta related and not to worry much, which of course is silly to tell a prego mama not to worry! But whatever. She wants my ultrasound done around 18 weeks, ONLY THREE WEEKS AWAY!!!!! So they can have the results in before Christmas, and we'll go over them at my next visit right after Christmas. She also asked me to get just one lab done, and said I could do both at one trip to the hospital so it wouldn't be so much hassle.

I'm very excited to be so close to the anatomy scan! We had a nice lunch out with BIL & SIL. I definitely need to get cracking on my sewing and holiday knits though so I can be knitting squishy baby stuff in THREE WEEKS!
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #1333
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just getting to sit now. Picked up the short people from ILs, and DH just got home from OT. He worked 18 extra hours this week...58 hrs. total Guess he can get his new flat screen next week

The movie was ah-mazing! Better than I expected. I told DH some of what happened and now he wants to see it. Prolly go again bext week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae
Sitting here knitting and taking Eskimo stitches advice and saying hi
Welcome...I know you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom
also ...

what does this want to be?
I like the idea of skirted leggings and shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches
I am in line at the commissary and rb is running around to fill our cart. The line is wrapped around the entire store from check out back to the check out the long way. Holy crazy.

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!
Great deal on meat and holy moly on the line. My friend made the mistake of taking me to the commisary on payday awhile back The line wrapped around the whole place!

Oh btw- Gonna mail out the package and smittens Monday. Boxed it all up and smittens get their own ride...can't find a lfrb and PO is closed already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidensmommalove
Hey girl!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #1334
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach

Midwife appt went well. They found a heartbeat right away, in the 150s again. She asked about movement, which I have felt today, and I said it was much less regular than with Pixie. She said it was placenta related and not to worry much, which of course is silly to tell a prego mama not to worry! But whatever. She wants my ultrasound done around 18 weeks, ONLY THREE WEEKS AWAY!!!!! So they can have the results in before Christmas, and we'll go over them at my next visit right after Christmas. She also asked me to get just one lab done, and said I could do both at one trip to the hospital so it wouldn't be so much hassle.

I'm very excited to be so close to the anatomy scan! We had a nice lunch out with BIL & SIL. I definitely need to get cracking on my sewing and holiday knits though so I can be knitting squishy baby stuff in THREE WEEKS!
Yay for a great appt and the anatomy scan sooo soon!! From some reason I was waiting for a twin announcement
Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #1335
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

The people that store them open air are very obvious when you buy from them. I am usually disappointed. Bugs, lint, dust, Sun fading. I prefer gallon ziplocks.

Fi would be disappointed with me. But in my defense I don't have a lot of GOOD yarn...
Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #1336
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Hey girl!! A certain somebody in this group *cough* Fiona *cough* has been telling me to come for a long while!
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #1337
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2 View Post
Yay for a great appt and the anatomy scan sooo soon!! From some reason I was waiting for a twin announcement
No, thankfully the dating ultrasound ruled that out quite definitely last month! I know some families would be over the moon about such a thing, but DH and I are definitely NOT up for that!!
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #1338
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach

No, thankfully the dating ultrasound ruled that out quite definitely last month! I know some families would be over the moon about such a thing, but DH and I are definitely NOT up for that!!
I'm not sure if you want a girl or boy, but I'm sending girly vibes your way.

Lanae- welcome! I'm novice on a good day too! I started crochet first and just learned to knit in the last month or so- the ladies here are wonderful for motivation!

Erica- for the first yarn, definitely skirted longies or bloomers... The second yarn is a little tougher.

AFM- the boys are having a garage party, I'm putting kids to bed then off to join them for a bit. I'm halfway done one mitten. :/
Old 11-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #1339
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae
Hey girl!! A certain somebody in this group *cough* Fiona *cough* has been telling me to come for a long while!
It's ALWAYS Fi's fault.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #1340
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderbren

Fi would be disappointed with me. But in my defense I don't have a lot of GOOD yarn...
If you never plan on selling it or selling things made from it, you can store it however you want. It's when you sell it that it matters really, yk?