Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:
Does anyone have painted cabinets with wood colored trim?

I was wondering if anyone has painted kitchen cabinets, but the rest of your house has medium wood trim? I would love to paint our kitchen cabinets, and I was thinking like a cream or a blue-grey, or maybe a light green, but I'm not sure what it would look like with wood trim. I've tried looking on Pinterest and such, but all of the pictures have white trim. I don't want to do it if it will look weird. If you have pictures to share, so I can get an idea, that would be awesome!

This is our kitchen, what it looked like when we bought it. I think the cabinets would look nice painted b/c the doors are beadboard. I'd also like to put up some kind of back splash, but that is something DH would have to do so I'm not holding out a lot of hope that it will happen. LOL

What do you think? Would it look stupid, or do you think that if I pick the right color, something that would look good with the wood trim, that it would look decent?

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote