Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How many did or did Not get rashes or burn from Nellie's or Eco Sprout detergent?

Thanks, well makes me feel better in that we used it last night in the diapers. So hoping, that is we used the nellies. I think I will still order a box of the laundry tarts as well. Just because the smell and maybe if it makes the diapers softer.

Do you gals find your diapers soft when using this detergent in hard water?

So seems like success with nellies even with a couple of you that have hard water. Do any of you have your own well water??????

Becaue I know hard well water is vastly different than hard city water. As city water still goes through a treatment and has clorine and other things added, which would help.

Advertisement

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: How many did or did Not get rashes or burn from Nellie's or Eco Sprout detergent?

never used Nellies, tried Ecosprouts cleaning was alright I often had to rewash or sun out stuff. DD did okay for a while then she started developingrashes that would not clear. It wasn't the same chemical looking burn the RnG gave is just a kinda constant irritation, it really flare if she had a poo diapers and get to just cleared but it never ttoally went away.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommygonewild View Post
There is some good info here on Eco Sprout http://www.clothdiapergeek.com/searc...sprout+ammonia

I've also done some research into detergents "causing" burns and it could be that it's not compatible with your water type and therefore not getting your diapers clean enough, not using enough detergent, not using enough water (like if you had a front loader) etc. It's usually what's left behind on the diapers like ammonia and bacteria that causes the burning, not the detergent ingredients themselves.

I used to love Charlies and so many say it didn't work for them. But I really <3 Eco Sprout and think you should give it a try.
This is what I was going to say. I don't think the RNG causes the burns, but I don't think it cleans well at all, and often wonder if they didn't have that clever packaging that fits so well into a flat rate box at the post office if it would really be so popular though I don't see nearly as many posts about it as I did 2 years ago.

I think what is most important is that you find a detergent that gets your diapers clean every time. For me it has been Tiny Bubbles, I have moderately hard city water, and I use two scoops in a load, it is available to me locally, which is awesome, but also sold in bulk at Costco. With my 2 kids I have been using it for almost 3 year now, have never once had to "strip" diapers, and have only used bleach when fighting yeast. When I run low and can't get to the store for the Tiny Bubbles right away I use Tide Free or All without problems.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #14
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow Tiny Bubbles at cosco? That is Grovia product correct? what are the ingredients?

I do not think our Canadian cosco would have Tiny Bubles.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

I definately agree that not clean enough is part of my problem with this water on this farm. As this did not happen at our old farm home with our water system. But I still can not deny that the country save was not getting clean and rougher diapers, and some rash blisters started, but as soon as I used RNG it was an all over red flare for more than one of our children. So definately not good with this water, and definately a burn. Where as before it was more of just a not getting clean issue.
So we reacted to something.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God View Post
Wow Tiny Bubbles at cosco? That is Grovia product correct? what are the ingredients?

I do not think our Canadian cosco would have Tiny Bubles.
yes, costco online sells a bunch of GroVia stuff!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou

yes, costco online sells a bunch of GroVia stuff!
But is it in store?
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #18
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We use EcoSprouts with no problems here.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #19
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have hard water and while I haven't tried Nellie's, Eco Sprout gave DD the worst burns! After an hour of wearing her first diaper washed in ES her skin was red and raw in the exact shape of her diaper! If not for the booty crack, you'd think she had on a red diaper. I followed the directions and actually did 2 of their recommended soaks for getting out old detergent before washing and wearing.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #20
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
We have used purex free and clear for over 8 years.

We have never had a diaper rash and I have sensitive skinned kiddos.

We also have some of the hardest water in the country. We use one full cap for each load and one extra rinse. Every month or so they soak for 2 hours with plain white vinegar.

The harder the water the more soap, soft water less soap.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote