Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #21
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNae

Lol...I think if anything DS1 will feel jipped because he'll get the Ds and some jeans and a book.

Dd gets a puppet theatre, puppets, doll house furniture, outfit, board game and a book lol
Oh wow. I imagined him getting a much "bigger" gift then the other(s). Lol
Yea I wouldn't worry about exact cost, as long as everyone's happy

Advertisement

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #22
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption

Oh wow. I imagined him getting a much "bigger" gift then the other(s). Lol
Yea I wouldn't worry about exact cost, as long as everyone's happy
Nope...just way more expensive...
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #23
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Christmas $$ issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
As long as the other children are also getting what thy really want (and not shorted to pay for one kids gift kwim?) I think it's fine. The $200 was your safety to pay for Christmas, it wasn't a rule of 'Christmas must cost this much for each child!'
Yup! It is your budget not what you have to spend. Just make sure it is a true want, need, etc.

BTW I would go with a DSiXL or DSi. 3D is so bad on kids eyes. So will save you money there.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #24
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Yup, I agree with the others. My boys are 4 and 2, and they do not care in the slightest how much things cost. For Christmas, we buy them each something very small (like $10-$20 total) because they get so much from grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. They do not understand who they are from. When they get older and realize what mommy and daddy are giving as opposed to others, we may start doing more.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
Yup! It is your budget not what you have to spend. Just make sure it is a true want, need, etc.

BTW I would go with a DSiXL or DSi. 3D is so bad on kids eyes. So will save you money there.
I heard they were discontinuing the DSi so you can't buy games for them anymore...and they're not compatible? It's not a HUGE deal because we rarely buy games anyway LOL...

Might buy the DSi anyway because we have several DS games that he'd be devastated if he couldn't play....
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)

Last edited by MamaNae; 11-19-2012 at 12:47 PM.
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #26
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

We have the same thing here. DS1 wants Lego Mindstorms and that's $230. DS2's stuff is way less expensive, but it's all things he wants.

My issue is the number of gifts. So, I wrap more little things for DS1 so it works evenly when we take turns opening.

I'd do the 3DS as the newest games are coming out for that platform. You can turn off the 3D. And, you can play regular DS games on the 3DS, it's just 3D that don't play on the DSi.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #27
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

There are a few places that have the 3DS on sale packaged with a Mario game for $149. That takes care of a game and the 3DS and leaves you $50 for a few other things. Kmart, Meijer, and maybe others have it.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #28
Shaunam
Registered Users

I never spend the exact amount on both kids. I buy based on their needs and wants. Last year I didn't even get DD any toys. She got a new bedding set for her big girl bed and some matching accessories. The year before that I spent at least $100 more on DS. This year they are closer...DD is getting a big kids SN bouncer which was kind of expensive, and a ball pit, and a few other things. DS is getting a 3DSXL which is going to be almost his only gift. I wouldn't worry about it. They change so much from year to year.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #29
Shaunam
Registered Users

All of the ds games work with the 3ds. I haven't heard anything about them discontinuing the dsi. There's also the ds lite. I imagine they would keep at least one of those because having something at a lower price point is beneficial.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #30
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

IMO, Christmas does not need to be "fair." Each child is an individual and gets what they need/want. Just because the dollar figure isn't the same doesn't matter. I don't add mine up. Obviously, the baby's 20 month old's gifts are going to cost significiantly less that the other kids gifts.

This year, I was given 5 pre-loved American Girl dolls for DD. She is going to get one of them for Christmas (we are giving them to her over a number of years). It was an expensive gift to someone, but not me. DS got a LeapPad2. It was not free. So even though I spent way more on him, they both got something they really wanted, and I'm cool with that.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote