Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #21
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NOVEMBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Quote:
I said "too" because Gwen DID die less than a year ago. Mom didn't die. DH and I are going to visit him later today...
I wasn't thinking about that when I read that! So sorry your are going through this. God has a plan for you! He put this family in your life for a reason!

Quote:
so are they thinking the hearing loss is profound? permanent? i'm very interested as the deaf community is dear to my heart! i know how crazy all those appointments can be. are you bringing all the kids to all of them? yikes!
They think that the loss is because of the constant fluid on this ears! My mom is ALWAYS her to help me! I don know what I would do without her!m

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #22
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
like finalizing as in finalizing your ADOPTION?!?! YAYAYAY!!!
YES! Isn't it exciting! A few short weeks and we should be finalizing. We signed our official intent to adopt last Wednesday. It was awesome! Unfortunately we had to put our beloved 12-1/2 year old dog to sleep suddenly on Thursday...so it's been an emotional week!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YEP. Scratch that last post. We are at a standstill. The old social worker messed up. BIG TIME. The petition to terminate rights on the unknown father was denied because family court is saying a hearing had to happen to clear the ICWA issue, even though the county already did everything to clear it. I guess juvenile court and family court "interpret" the law differently. and nobody caught this mistake. We could be in for another 7 month + wait because of this oversight. We are livid. And sad. And...just pissed off. Lead county council now has the case in his hands and hopefully he can call a hearing to try to fix some of it...because the county maintains that they did everything they were suppose to do, and it should not have been denied. EY YI YI. If you are of the praying kind...we could use them. I am just trying to remind myself that Thomas isn't GOING anywhere...but what a blow.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #24
Beth.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying for you and your family. The ICWA stuff is difficult. That's one thing that could overturn an adoption years after several years. I hope it works out for you faster than 7 months. It's already been too long for your LO.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #25
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Omg! Thats crazy. Hoping there will be a quick fix somehow. Ugh!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #26
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's so hard to wrap my he's around it. The potential tribes were notified and ALL responded that they had no claim to Thomas. He's not an ICWA child...yet here we are!! Ugh is right, I could spit nails!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #27
Beth.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msheidiann View Post
It's so hard to wrap my he's around it. The potential tribes were notified and ALL responded that they had no claim to Thomas. He's not an ICWA child...yet here we are!! Ugh is right, I could spit nails!
That just makes absolutely no sense. I'm sorry you are in this situation and I'm sorry your kiddo doesn't get the permanency he deserves.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #28
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth. View Post
That just makes absolutely no sense. I'm sorry you are in this situation and I'm sorry your kiddo doesn't get the permanency he deserves.
Thanks mama. Yeah it makes no sense. Since mom relinquished to the county...all the sw's and attorneys apparently have been assuming things are done the same way in both courts. But, I guess they were wrong. UGH. We almost hired a lawyer of our own back in February...looks like we should have. It all just sucks. Thanks for the prayers! I will keep you girls posted. It's nice to have somewhere to vent!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #29
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msheidiann View Post
YEP. Scratch that last post. We are at a standstill. The old social worker messed up. BIG TIME. The petition to terminate rights on the unknown father was denied because family court is saying a hearing had to happen to clear the ICWA issue, even though the county already did everything to clear it. I guess juvenile court and family court "interpret" the law differently. and nobody caught this mistake. We could be in for another 7 month + wait because of this oversight. We are livid. And sad. And...just pissed off. Lead county council now has the case in his hands and hopefully he can call a hearing to try to fix some of it...because the county maintains that they did everything they were suppose to do, and it should not have been denied. EY YI YI. If you are of the praying kind...we could use them. I am just trying to remind myself that Thomas isn't GOING anywhere...but what a blow.
and
will pray

(reading this is bringing back bad memories/emotions from our time with a kiddo "in the system" )
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #30
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying for this to work out quickly!!!
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote