Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Registered Users
Possible to RF 3 across in a Kia Sorento?

Hello! I am currently expecting #3 in July and drive a Kia Sorento. DS1 will be 3 years old, and DS2 will be 19 mo. Is seems like it will be squished to get three across, especially if they're all RF. I'd be comfortable turning DS1 FF at that point, but would like to hold off if possible. Here are the seats we currently own if you have any suggestions:

Chico Keyfit30
Truefit rebound (or whatever the one with that rebound footbar thing is called

I'd obviously like to buy as few new seats as possible

Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Possible to RF 3 across in a Kia Sorento?

Honestly, I'd play with every combo of what you have now, and go from there.You have a pretty good selection of seats, it's just a matter of which kids fit in which seats and where. The key fit and the cocorro are both pretty narrow. I'm not sure how they puzzle with the other seats. You may be able to get away with just one new seat or not need any at all. I've played with other seats in a sorento when we looked at buying one, but I haven't played with your specific seats. Have you tried looking on the carseat. org 3 across thread? Good stuff there.
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale:
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Possible to RF 3 across in a Kia Sorento?

Yes, the keyfit and the coccoro are a great place to start (although it might not last long since kids tend to outgrow the cco RF around age 2...).

The truefit and myride are both quite wide, but you never know, you might find a combination with one of those.

Since you have until July, I'd honestly wait until spring, at least, and see what seats are available then. If you life somewhat close to a place with a large selection of convertible seats, I'd plan a few hours to take a trip there (with no kids!), perhaps bring a friend who is really "in" to car seats, and then try a bunch of combinations. Just don't wait so long that you can't really pick up and maneuver seats very well.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote