Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! LO won't take a bottle :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
You may need to actually leave the house altogether :-(
This exactly. Leaving the room will not be enough. Baby can sense you are still around.

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #12
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Leave fhe house completely. DH had to squirt a little in DD mouth and put some on the nipple and she. Figured it out. She drinks out of playtex drop in nursers. I would just keep trying. Maybe even go through you types of bottles again.

We started at 3 weeks with a bottle once a week and she was fine at daycare when I went back lasf week.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
SarahS12
Registered Users

My DS never took a bottle but took a sippy just fine. We started him on the sippy at 4 months d when I went back to work. If a bottle doesn't work, give it a shot.
SarahS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #14
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I just went through this myself. My son will no longer take a bottle at all. I found he will take a soft spouted sippy cup. I like the Tommy Tippie nursing sippy cups.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:52 AM   #15
fluffybuttzoe
Registered Users

We went/are going through this too. We tried for months and she finally started taking one around 5 months just from my dh and my
Mom. It wasn't very often though. Then she didn't need to for a couple of months. I went back to work part time a couple of weeks ago and she totally refuses the bottle again. She won't even drink milk or water from her sippy cup. She'll drink water from a sippy cup from me or dh but not from our moms who are babysitting. So she doesn't drink a thing while I'm away for 6 hours. Of course she just nurses like crazy when I get home and at night! I look at it as if she was sleeping through the night but reverse She's 10.5 months, btw.
fluffybuttzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
LaurenR
Registered Users
seller

Just keep trying. It's not necessarily the bottle. My daughter took about 3 weeks to get used to the idea at all at 3 months, and then Breastflow ended up working. We just kept trying until it took hold.
LaurenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got DD1 to take a bottle around 4 months by waiting till she was asleep in the bouncer for a while, heating the milk almost too warm, and then sitting behind the bouncer and sneaking it into her mouth. She started sucking without even knowing what she was doing. She didn't take much, but after that one success, it was a lot easier to get her to take a little from DH or someone else. We were using the Adiri bottles, but did a little better with the Playtex drop ins. She probably only took a bottle a half dozen times ever, since I was almost always with her, and probably 4 of those were just me making sure she would in case of emergency.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #18
desibob
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
You may need to actually leave the house altogether :-(

How old was you LO when you introduced the sippy cup? My son is completely against taking a bottle. I'm thinking of trying a sippy cup eventually, but he's barely 8 weeks old. We've tried everything too. I just need one night a week of good sleep, so we're hoping dad can feed him during the night so that we can make this happen. I haven't sleep more than 2 hours at a time in 8 weeks. When I'm out and the baby gets crazy, husband looks like he was hit by a tornado.
desibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desibob View Post
How old was you LO when you introduced the sippy cup? My son is completely against taking a bottle. I'm thinking of trying a sippy cup eventually, but he's barely 8 weeks old. We've tried everything too. I just need one night a week of good sleep, so we're hoping dad can feed him during the night so that we can make this happen. I haven't sleep more than 2 hours at a time in 8 weeks. When I'm out and the baby gets crazy, husband looks like he was hit by a tornado.
Lol, I know what you mean about the hubby! Our ds3 who is now 3 months was taking the bottle for awhile and then he stopped. My DH didn't know what to do when I left for a few hours a week ago and just got frustrated last night when I wanted him to bottle feed since I was sick. I think I will try the sippy cup. Oh, and we think he's teething so that is another factor!

ETA: DS3 FINALLY took the Tommee Tippee this evening! The dude is HUNGRY! So glad something finally works again. I had to make my husband stick to feeding him and not have him hand the babe back to me. I hope this keeps going

Last edited by strongwoman; 12-04-2012 at 09:53 PM.
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
Zanocz
Registered Users
seller

How did it go?? My ds wouldn't take a bottle until 9 months! We just kept trying!
Zanocz is offline   Reply With Quote