Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Herbs for sperm?

Hubby had a v reversal 5 months ago (7 years in between v and reversal) will be going in for a sperm analysis in Jan. in the meantime what herbs can he be taking to beef up his swimmers?

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife
Hubby had a v reversal 5 months ago (7 years in between v and reversal) will be going in for a sperm analysis in Jan. in the meantime what herbs can he be taking to beef up his swimmers?
I did a little research on this and I read that zinc is very good.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Herbs for sperm?

Mountain meadow herbs has some tinctures that are supposed to increase fertility. We haven't tried them, but we have used some of their other tinctures and been very happy with them
Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My husband has(had?) a super low count. It was just 600,000. I made him take zinc and vitamin e (I think it was e) and at his next check it was 1 million. Obviously still super low. We were told we needed IVF. We have gotten pregnant 3 times now on our own! (One miscarriage though).

Good luck!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

will get the zinc STAT! Thanks for your input ladies
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

How much zinc? I told DH that he needed to zinc help his swimmers and he said, "Awesome get me some. " So he is ready to try something on his end.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
slyfoxy
Registered Users

Wink Re: Herbs for sperm?

Foods that Increase Sperm Production and Quality
http://www.increasesperm.com/foods.html

Here is what my DH takes an our RE agree with these vitamins.
Oneaday for men with Lycopene in it.
Vitamin C-1000 with Rose Hips once a day
1000 mg fishoil with Co-Enzyme Q-10 30 Mg once a day.
Acetyl L-Carnitine 250mg once a day.
Alpha Lipoci Acid 200mg
L-Carnitine 500mg once a day
L-Arginine 500mg once a day

Now here is what they do for sperm.
When your DH is takeing a multivitamin make sure it has Lycopene in it. Why? Here is why? Lycopene It's the most common cartenoid in the human body and a very potent antioxidant. Lycopene has been shown to increase sperm fertility. Fruits and vegetables that are high in lycopene include tomatoes, watermelon, pink grapefruit, pink guava, papaya, and red bell pepper.

Vitamin C - research suggests it may prevent sperm from "clumping" together and that it increases sperm count.

Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil may enhance fertility and help volume.

Coenzyme Q10-Increases sperm count and motility. Helps with damage

L-Carnitine & Acetyl-L-carnitine play a key role in sperm energy metabolism. Many clinical studies have shown that carnitines play an important role in sperm function by affecting sperm motility, sperm morphology, sperm concentration, and sperm count. L-carnitine and Acetyl-L-carnitine may also help to protect sperm by mitigating the production of damaging free radicals.

Antioxidants include Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Alpha Lipoic Acid. There have also been studies to suggest that 4 grams daily of Acetyl-L-Carnitine helps sperm motility (movement) - and may also be helpful

If Acetyl-L-Carnitine is taken, then the antioxidant Alpha Lipoic Acid should be taken with it. alpha-lipoic acid as an antioxidant of sperm motility.

Zinc is an essential nutrient for proper sperm production. A deficiency may result in lowered testosterone levels.. The usual recommended dosage of zinc is about 15 to 30 mg daily, coupled with 1 mg of copper for balance. Too much zinc can be toxic. Do not exceed a dose of 15 to 30 mg daily.

Vitamin E, Supplementation with this antioxidant has been shown to increase sperm motility and to enhance the ability of the sperm to penetrate the egg in test-tube studies.

Taking extra amounts of the vitamin folic acid in the diet can boost the quality and quantity of sperm in men who suffer partial infertility.

L-Arginine doubled sperm volume, improved fertility, and increased sperm health.

Fresh oranges long with drinking lots more water. Will also help sperm health.

Because sperm require 74 days to mature, these nutritional supplements should be taken for at least three months to see initial improvement in sperm quality.* Sperm also require up to 20 additional days to be capable of fertilization

One more thing make sure the guys twins stay cool as heat can really do damage to the sperm. Keep laptop off his lap no hot showers or hot tubs.

Hope this is help to lots of you women. Thought I share this with you all as it does help the sperm.

My DH count has went from 3million to 114 million yes he's taking clomid for low testosterone but the vitamins has been a great help of what our RE said.

Last edited by slyfoxy; 11-21-2012 at 06:29 PM.
slyfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I had thick mucus & so I was told more dtd & use evening primrose oil pills & ign few months was preg. I took 2 pills of 100 each I think.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Whoa Nellie!!! Thanks for all the info!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfoxy
Foods that Increase Sperm Production and Quality
http://www.increasesperm.com/foods.html

Here is what my DH takes an our RE agree with these vitamins.
Oneaday for men with Lycopene in it.
Vitamin C-1000 with Rose Hips once a day
1000 mg fishoil with Co-Enzyme Q-10 30 Mg once a day.
Acetyl L-Carnitine 250mg once a day.
Alpha Lipoci Acid 200mg
L-Carnitine 500mg once a day
L-Arginine 500mg once a day

Now here is what they do for sperm.
When your DH is takeing a multivitamin make sure it has Lycopene in it. Why? Here is why? Lycopene It's the most common cartenoid in the human body and a very potent antioxidant. Lycopene has been shown to increase sperm fertility. Fruits and vegetables that are high in lycopene include tomatoes, watermelon, pink grapefruit, pink guava, papaya, and red bell pepper.

Vitamin C - research suggests it may prevent sperm from "clumping" together and that it increases sperm count.

Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil may enhance fertility and help volume.

Coenzyme Q10-Increases sperm count and motility. Helps with damage

L-Carnitine & Acetyl-L-carnitine play a key role in sperm energy metabolism. Many clinical studies have shown that carnitines play an important role in sperm function by affecting sperm motility, sperm morphology, sperm concentration, and sperm count. L-carnitine and Acetyl-L-carnitine may also help to protect sperm by mitigating the production of damaging free radicals.

Antioxidants include Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Alpha Lipoic Acid. There have also been studies to suggest that 4 grams daily of Acetyl-L-Carnitine helps sperm motility (movement) - and may also be helpful

If Acetyl-L-Carnitine is taken, then the antioxidant Alpha Lipoic Acid should be taken with it. alpha-lipoic acid as an antioxidant of sperm motility.

Zinc is an essential nutrient for proper sperm production. A deficiency may result in lowered testosterone levels.. The usual recommended dosage of zinc is about 15 to 30 mg daily, coupled with 1 mg of copper for balance. Too much zinc can be toxic. Do not exceed a dose of 15 to 30 mg daily.

Vitamin E, Supplementation with this antioxidant has been shown to increase sperm motility and to enhance the ability of the sperm to penetrate the egg in test-tube studies.

Taking extra amounts of the vitamin folic acid in the diet can boost the quality and quantity of sperm in men who suffer partial infertility.

L-Arginine doubled sperm volume, improved fertility, and increased sperm health.

Fresh oranges long with drinking lots more water. Will also help sperm health.

Because sperm require 74 days to mature, these nutritional supplements should be taken for at least three months to see initial improvement in sperm quality.* Sperm also require up to 20 additional days to be capable of fertilization

One more thing make sure the guys twins stay cool as heat can really do damage to the sperm. Keep laptop off his lap no hot showers or hot tubs.

Hope this is help to lots of you women. Thought I share this with you all as it does help the sperm.

My DH count has went from 3million to 114 million yes he's taking clomid for low testosterone but the vitamins has been a great help of what our RE said.
Great info!!!
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote