Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #51
March
Registered Users
seller

Re: Alva stealing prints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
Kawaii stole the Mod Flower, Alva has stollen Owls and Nature (wich they are calling Blue Owls and Tiny Trees)

the impact these companies are having on the US based manufacturers is awful, supporting them is bad for every small business in the US that is following rules, playing fair, and employing Americans, the whole thing makes me so sad
Agreed, 100%. And then they cover their tracks on all their ebay/alibaba listings, denoting which copyrights and patents anybody who ships them to the US will be breaking, so they get off scott-free. I wish everyone who ordered a stolen print had the package seized at customs.

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #52
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Omg.... This really urks me. I've seen Kawaii newborn diapers with the stolen Grovia prints too. I normally don't get too bothered by the knock offs copying, I just never buy any of their diapers, ever. This Lovelace stolen print is just WRONG though!! BG products were what I initally started my stash with and I hate to see their prints stolen. And there are people that are buying these too, which I feel is just as bad
Old 11-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #53
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
Kawaii stole the Mod Flower, Alva has stollen Owls and Nature (wich they are calling Blue Owls and Tiny Trees)

the impact these companies are having on the US based manufacturers is awful, supporting them is bad for every small business in the US that is following rules, playing fair, and employing Americans, the whole thing makes me so sad
Agree...........they are hurting all the companies who are ethical and do crazy things like design their own prints and pay liveable wages.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #54
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthrvghn

Our prints are original and designed in-house and are exclusive to bumGenius. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Heather
Social Media Coordinator
Cotton Babies
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #55
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just a thought but since many mamas on here buy those brands and this board runs coops for them talking about how it's wrong to buy them/hope their packages get seized is not a great idea

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #56
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia.aline View Post
Just a thought but since many mamas on here buy those brands and this board runs coops for them talking about how it's wrong to buy them/hope their packages get seized is not a great idea
Welllll... I'm just not that worried about stepping on toes about this one. There is a moral problem with creating, selling, and purchasing these diapers. I mean, I'd really like to see someone try to defend this. People can argue all they want about quality or customer service comparisons between knock-offs and the industry brands--that argument would go on forever. Likewise, there are always going to be people defending the knock-offs by saying that there's no proof that they've stolen an exact pattern design or method of construction from any industry brand, so there's no intellectual property theft. But this clearly, clearly crosses the line into IP theft and copyright infringement. Conscious consumership precludes purchasing it.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #57
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by March

Welllll... I'm just not that worried about stepping on toes about this one. There is a moral problem with creating, selling, and purchasing these diapers. I mean, I'd really like to see someone try to defend this. People can argue all they want about quality or customer service comparisons between knock-offs and the industry brands--that argument would go on forever. Likewise, there are always going to be people defending the knock-offs by saying that there's no proof that they've stolen an exact pattern design or method of construction from any industry brand, so there's no intellectual property theft. But this clearly, clearly crosses the line into IP theft.
I see it on the same level as pirating DVDs or music. My DH is a musician and a live event audio tech, and is a huge stickler about those IP and copyright laws.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #58
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs

Agree...........they are hurting all the companies who are ethical and do crazy things like design their own prints and pay liveable wages.
I do have to wonder though if they are really stealing customers, or just creating their own market of customers. Someone who is willing to pay $20-30 for a US made/designed diaper and who has ethical reservations about paying $5 for a China made fake brand, is a very different customer than someone who isn't willing to pay $20-30 for a diaper when they can get an imitation for $5. The customers that alva is picking up and holding in to aren't nexessaily customers that would be buying from Cotton Babies or Grovia on a regular basis. Does that make sense? I still think these companies are in the wrong, I'm more just thinking out loud.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #59
MTmommyof3
Registered Users

I will chime in here, because stolen registered artwork that is copyright protected by U.S. law is a serious issue and affects the entire cloth diaper market. We go to great lengths to provide our customers with unique prints that are designed by our in house graphics team here at GroVia.

Yes, Mod Flower, Owls, and Nature all have been stolen and "reproduced" by Alva. There is very little we can do because U.S. copyright laws only protect us for the goods sold here on U.S. soil. What that does mean, is anyone importing these copied prints can be held liable. We take this issue seriously.

Yes, DiaperSwappers does host an Alva Coop featuring our copied prints and we have tried contacting them numerous times asking them to remove the diapers with the stolen prints from the Alva Coop, but they will not reply via email or via the PM system here on the board.

Last edited by MTmommyof3; 11-19-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #60
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I see it on the same level as pirating DVDs or music. My DH is a musician and a live event audio tech, and is a huge stickler about those IP and copyright laws.
My mom is a librarian, so copyright and IP have been hammered.into.my.head since I was born. If I accidentally broke a copyright law I'd probably have to call a priest to hear my confession right away.

But seriously. I'd love to hear someone try to defend this! This is killing the industry that created our shared hobby, you know?
Closed Thread