Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #21
McDMom
Registered Users

I didn't get rashes with either one. Ammonia with Nellies but no rash.

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #22
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How many did or did Not get rashes or burn from Nellie's or Eco Sprout detergent?

The Laundry Tarts is the only detergent I've tried that has made DD turn pink all over her diaper area. I've had luck with Nellies.

My favourite detergent, though, is Sunlight Sensitive. I get the feeling you're looking for something more 'natural', but seriously, Sunlight Sensitive is the best detergent I've used for my diapers...and it doesn't have any scents. I'm sensitive to detergents, and this one has been great for the whole family.
editrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #23
babykanani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many did or did Not get rashes or burn from Nellie's or Eco Sprout detergent?

I use Eco Sprout and never had an issue, but I guess my little girl is just not sensitive at all.
babykanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
penguinande
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used ecosprout for my first 5 months or so of CDing without any rash issues. I switched to Target's pristine clean only because it seems to get my diapers cleaner, but neither detergent caused a reaction for us.
penguinande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #25
jnjb
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am just about to pre-wash all of my diapers for the first time. I am so confused . I thought I couldn't use any of they mainstream freed and clear detergents (Tide, ALL, Sunlight, Target, etc). It would be WAY more convenient if I could!! So, what is the truth? Is it just a way to make you pay for one more thing?
jnjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #26
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My daughter used to get sensitive and break out over time with detergents. We have been using Eco Sprout and she has yet developed the bad rashes and hives that other detergents caused over time. Of course she doesn't wear diapers except for cloth pull ups at night so she isn't in them all the time. She hasn't had problems with clothes or towels washed in ES either and it was a problem in the past. I can even use their scented formulas without a problem and that usually is an issue for the kids too.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #27
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjb View Post
I am just about to pre-wash all of my diapers for the first time. I am so confused . I thought I couldn't use any of they mainstream freed and clear detergents (Tide, ALL, Sunlight, Target, etc). It would be WAY more convenient if I could!! So, what is the truth? Is it just a way to make you pay for one more thing?
You can stick with the main stream, by no means let my post confuse you or make you feel you have to do somthing special. If they work for you and your children have no reactions, it is fine.

We as a family just years ago went to all natural cleaners, actually clean with water and essential oils. So that is why for laundry detergent I am determined to also stay with all natural as much as possible. So my question is just merly a question to address some of the problems that natural detergents can have.

Which is also the same with the mainstream. Some babies react to some and not others.

We are sensitive to additives and chemicals and any unnatural smells that are in everyday mainstream items.

So please do not let this post make you feel you are doing something wrong and need to do something totally different incuring more costs than needed. It is just a personal decision.

Hugs, enjoy prepping your diapers, and hugging, cuddling, and loving your baby. Enjoy you cute cloth diapers swaddling your precious one.

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #28
jnjb
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks. We do use the most natural things that we can find at Target for the most part. We have been using ALL Free and Clear for what seems like forever, but I was under the impression that they are not cloth diaper safe. Is that true? Someone else recommended Rockin Green, but reading this thread may have changed my mind about that. My son is rather sensitive (only cotton clothing, eczema, trying cloth because of diaper rash and a reaction to seventh generation disposables). So, can I try the ALL or do I need to go to one of these special cleaners? Thanks for the advice and I hope you have found the solution you need with Nellies.
jnjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #29
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have heard many on here use ALL Free and Clear, with good results and a few not.

Yes, it does seem many have had trouble with Rockin Green, and of course there are those not. But it does seem like more than not.

HOnestly for years at our old farm "country save" was wonderful, and a natural detergent that was not expensive at all. And I would totally stick with that if I could. But we have well water and not water system yet, so it is not working now.

So you might be able to try that as well if the ALL does not work. I would try Country Save over Rockin Green, but that is just my personal opinion.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote