Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #51
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena
I missed alot and haven't caught up so... IM gonna be selfish and jus talk about myself

Saturday I felt pokes all day from baby. Yesterday I Finially get a small poke after dh had his hand on my belly for a good 10 mins. Today nothing. It's really frustrating being 20+2 and not feeling anything. I'm not fluffy, 5ft5 and still 138 Pds. I'm so worried
Don't feel bad... At least you're sleeping at night. I was up from 11-1 last night because it seriously felt like baby was breaking out of there. I cupped my belly in my hands and I was feeling arms/hands in the fingers of one hand and little feet in the palm of the other. It seemed like his feet were about the size of the last joint on my thumb. I would feel nothing... And then bam, bam, bam - arms and legs going crazy at the same time! And then he would roll around a bit... Be quiet just long enough for me to get drowsy... Yeah, try sleeping through that! Finally he wore himself out and I was able to go back to sleep. But this kid is already keeping me up! Yeesh. April should be interesting.

19 weeks here. 5'2" and 113# pre pregnancy. You said "still" about your weight - have you not gained any either? I'm still only up a pound. :/

Advertisement

KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #52
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 18th-24th

no i was up like 8ish but lost a few since going guten free the past 2 weeks. so i dont know where i would stand

i dont sleep at night, i am obsessed with trying to feel baby move. either that or DS has severe asthma we have to get up for all night, so really im up anyways and i would rather feel her moving.

im sure she is facing me, cause when i felt the few bumos the other day they were totoally internal feeling?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #53
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena
no i was up like 8ish but lost a few since going guten free the past 2 weeks. so i dont know where i would stand

i dont sleep at night, i am obsessed with trying to feel baby move. either that or DS has severe asthma we have to get up for all night, so really im up anyways and i would rather feel her moving.

im sure she is facing me, cause when i felt the few bumos the other day they were totoally internal feeling?
I've heard that if your placenta is anterior that can affect how you feel movement, too.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #54
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Makes me wish i was thin to begin with:/ having extra fluff means its hard to feel parts from the outside. I was only 7lb over the healthy range, but it feels like 50lb now. I havent even stepped on the scale since before vacay.....im scared to see!!

But i do feel him all the time and sometimes from the outside.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #55
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
I am pretty excited! When I was pregnant with Sawyer, I was in a DDC group on here and then we made a FB group and became very close. We talk everyday. Well, tomorrow I get to meet one of the mommas from our group! She is visiting family in Alabama and we are going to meet at the zoo. This should be lots of fun and I can't wait!
In other news, baby girl is moving more regularly and that makes me feel much better. My nausea is amost completely gone, so no more puking! Everything else is going pretty smoothly, so I am hoping for a good week!
Have a good time meeting the mama!
for movement and less nausea/puking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
this baby moves sporadically. I get the most movement in the mornings during dd:mommy cuddle time. It's like the baby gets jealous

Hiccup moves sporadically now too. For a couple weeks there I was feeling movements at the same times each day. After a I had a few weeks of 3-4 days of movement and 3-4 days of nothing, now he moves randomly - or it seems that way anyways. I could just be busier/moving more and not noticing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
So on the way home from the Dr's today I say an Ontario licsense plate. I was so excited--lol strange, but for one when we lived in Upstate NY we saw Canadian plates all the time and 2 not sure why lol--I wanted to roll down my window and tell them I talk to Canadian mommas everyday and I practically know them. It was so silly. BUT I thought it was awesome bc we are in Alabama and that is a LOOOOOONG way away from Ontario.
lol. Makes sense that you'd see a lot in NY - or any other close-to-the-border state. A lot of Canadians do cross-border shopping - we aren't able to now because we don't have the right things (passports or some kinda special drivers' license) to cross the border.
And it actually makes sense even down south at this time of year. We've got a lot of "snow birds" - people that fly/drive down to southern states and stay for the winter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I've also been SUPER moody and hypersensitive. Is it just me?? My poor almost 2 year old is driving me INSANE! :P
Oy, yes. The past few days I have been horrible. I thought it was just that I was tired from a busy day or whatever, but it's not stopping (although, we haven't had a lazy day since last week either). Now I'm thinking it's probably that plus the additional stress of the u/s coming up.
Either way, it sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I'm 20+1, 5' 5", and 125lbs per pregnancy (already up to 137 though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I cupped my belly in my hands and I was feeling arms/hands in the fingers of one hand and little feet in the palm of the other. It seemed like his feet were about the size of the last joint on my thumb. I would feel nothing... And then bam, bam, bam - arms and legs going crazy at the same time! And then he would roll around a bit

19 weeks here. 5'2" and 113# pre pregnancy. You said "still" about your weight - have you not gained any either? I'm still only up a pound. :/
I wish I could get some good movement like that. I feel like I remember it with my other healthy babies, so it bothers me that I'm not getting that this time.

And SHHH about y'all's weight! I finally now know how much I'm weighing/have gained. It's gross and depressing.
I had issues with my weight gain with my first pregnancy, but after that it hasn't bothered me at all. This time, though, it is. When I'm feeling somewhat hopeful that things are going to be okay I am fine with weight gain and whatever else comes along, but when I'm feeling the worries and fears I can't stand the weight gain - sometimes I can't stand my bump either. When I'm feeling that way all I can think is that it's not going to be worth it in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
i dont sleep at night, i am obsessed with trying to feel baby move.

I'm there with ya, mama. I mean, I feel a bit from Hiccup, most every day... but not as much as I want, or as much as I think I remember with the other kids.

If baby is facing your back, the hand-and-foot movements end up falling on internal organs, which means you don't feel them, for the most part. Where is your placenta? I've heard a lot of times that babies tend to like laying facing the placenta.

AFM: I hate meal planning and grocery list making and shopping. Blech.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #56
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I'm 20+1, 5' 5", and 125lbs per pregnancy (already up to 137 though), and I don't feel anything either. I felt DD1 at 16 weeks and DD2 at 14 weeks. But I had the anatomy scan a week ago, and baby was wiggling around. I don't know why I'm not feeling anything.
I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow... still nothing... nadda... zilch. Not even anything that made me think... hmmm maybe that's something. My anatomy scan on Friday showed him head down and kicking square in my my lovely anterior placenta.

Oh yeah... it is in fact a BOY in there. Or so the tech thought... he once again was not being terribly cooperative. Wasn't really a surprise... the tech at my 13week scan thought she saw something... and well IUI babies have higher odds of being boys. I'm a bit disapointed I won't get to buy sparkly shoes... but atleast he won't be stealing mine when he grows up.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #57
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I've heard that if your placenta is anterior that can affect how you feel movement, too.
Yes, you have a cushion between you and baby. I have an anterior placenta, AND baby is breech, so the only movement I feel is like being kicked in my woman parts.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #58
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
And SHHH about y'all's weight! I finally now know how much I'm weighing/have gained. It's gross and depressing.
I had issues with my weight gain with my first pregnancy, but after that it hasn't bothered me at all. This time, though, it is. When I'm feeling somewhat hopeful that things are going to be okay I am fine with weight gain and whatever else comes along, but when I'm feeling the worries and fears I can't stand the weight gain - sometimes I can't stand my bump either. When I'm feeling that way all I can think is that it's not going to be worth it in the end.
Sorry. I gained wayyyy too much weight with DS - 41 pounds, which doesn't sound like a lot, but is a TON on a 5'2" frame. When DS was a 6-ish weeks old or so, I totally changed my diet (South Beach Diet minus artificial sweeteners), broke the sugar addiction, and when I felt well enough (read: as least self-conscious as I thought I was going to get) to work out, I started back.

I have really committed myself to having a healthier, more wholesome pregnancy this time around. I've been watching my diet and portions REALLY closely, being careful to only eat until I am satisfied, and trying to ignore "cravings". So far I have only given into a little one - a small Arby's candy cane milkshake and a small curly fry. And feeling like total crap - and swelling up from the sodium content! Omg - over the next 24 hours totally cured me of any eating-out cravings.

My bump bothers me, too, because it's still at that "it just looks like I'm fat" stage to people who don't know I'm pregnant. Shoot, it looks like that to ME sometimes! If you are being the healthiest you can be for your baby, then that's the best you can ask for.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #59
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie

but atleast he won't be stealing mine when he grows up.
Hey, ya never know. LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #60
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
Hey, ya never know. LOL
That had occured me... though i mean even if he wants to his feet would likely be too big for my sparkly high heels.