Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me with girls names...PLEASE!!!

DDC crashing from April, Im prego with a girl and torn between Estella and Adella

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what is your mother in law's middle name? Is that a possibility? It would still honor her....I agree with you that Deborah is a hard name to want to use....

Lillian Deborah would work, and then you could call her Lilly....and for the record, Lilah Grace Deborah isn't too long....just make her first name Lilah Grace.

on the picky hubby!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #13
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1
....and for the record, Lilah Grace Deborah isn't too long....just make her first name Lilah Grace.
Oooh, THIS! Best of all worlds, I'd say!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
what is your mother in law's middle name? Is that a possibility? It would still honor her....I agree with you that Deborah is a hard name to want to use....

Lillian Deborah would work, and then you could call her Lilly....and for the record, Lilah Grace Deborah isn't too long....just make her first name Lilah Grace.

on the picky hubby!
Second that! We used my mother's middle name as this little girl's middle name because my mom is not too fond of her first name and neither are we. Everyone was happy! You could also use her maiden name as a middle name, some last names really work well as middle names
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #15
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MIL's middle name is Lynn-but that doens't really matter because DH want's his mom's name. I am working on the Lilah Grace Deborah Seguin...he is not really buying it though. He is very sensitive about his mother....she lives in ONT and he has lived away for her for her since he was in his early teens as he wanted to move here to live with his dad when they divorced.

She is a nice women that loves her son but has not shown a ton of interest in me. I feel more like a baby machine that produces her grandchildren and that's all to her. She has never made any effort to spend time or get to know me when she comes to visit. It hurts my feelings and DH kind of gets it but not really. It makes it very hard to get REALLY excited about using her name too for these reason's and to boot DH's step mom who lives here is REALLY super amazing to me. The best Memere to our children and really values and loves me as an important part of the family.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

So using the step mother's name is off the table? Honestly, I would rather use her name if I were you!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are doing the 3 name thing with the first two a double first name....Anna Paige Willow.

What about Lilah Deb?
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #18
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ahhh...knowing a bit about the family history really complicates things. Ugh. I think that you have a real case here. Your DH is being so stubborn about names, and that's not really fair. Requiring a middle name to honor a mom is fine, but he has to give and take here. It sounds like Deborah is going to be a bit of a challenge for you since your MIL isn't really close. Well, if your DH simply refuses to change it, then he needs to bend a little on the first name. Either he accepts the double first name, or lets you pick a new first name altogether. Obviously if he truly hates your pick, that's one thing, but he's got to loosen up a bit.

In a perfect world, both mom and dad LOVE a name, but that doesn't always happen. The next best thing is that both are at least okay with the name (or maybe in love with only part). It's entirely not fair for one person to get the whole shebang! I don't know your DH, and I'm sure he's a great guy but it sounds like he's being a real pain in the neck about this!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #19
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree with Sunshine915. We did not aim for both of us to LOVE a name. We take turns with one person loving the name and the other person liking it and being okay with it. We each picked one of the twin's names and this time I got to pick first name and my hubby got to pick the middle name. Maybe there is some compromise here?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like Lilah-we both agree on that. I don't care for Deborah as the middle name so my compromise is Lilah Grace Deborah Seguin. DH is not sold on it. I think he thinks him mother deserves a spot to herself as a middle name and by some how having my Grandma's name-which is also my middle name takes away from it.

My step MIL name is Jocelyn. If I even mentioned that DH would get very upset. I think he feels we need to be extra sensitive towards her mother and make sure she always feels VERY important when she comes because the children do not get to spend as much time with her obviously due to distance.....and I do go out of my way to make sure she feels important. I don't hate the women but I'm not a super fan either.

And for the record DH is actually a really amazing husband BUT when it comes to his mother she is VERY defensive....VERY.