Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #171
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Hahaha, kinda like sneaking in to a movie theater b/c of a friend who works concessions.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #172
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been MIA since I joined too, but my grandfather has not been well & I've been helping my mom care for him & my grandmother. He is 90 & she is 92. It's been a stressful circumstance, but it has kept my mind from dwelling on whether or not this bean is going to make it. He is in his final hours, though, so care is minimal & we are just waiting. Please say a prayer for my grandma & she is so heartbroken to lose him.

AFM: I'm just over 5 wks, but feel like I should be 8 or so. Lol That's the only problem with getting a BFP before you miss AF. It seems like forever to get to the point where you can see a healthy bean. I finally broke down & called my dr. today & I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday. If I can just see a strong healthy heartbeat I will feel better. Breasts are still pretty tender so that helps ease my insecurity. But I had that with my 8 wk loss in March so it only helps a little. Better than nothing I guess.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #173
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good luck, Carly! How fun to have a buddy like that. I'd want to be in for sneaky scans as often as I could, though...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather, leviandgarretsmom. I'll keep your family in my prayers.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #174
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Sorry I have been kind of MIA from the thread this week... I'm out of town at my parents' house for Thanksgiving this week. A friend of mine down here is an ultrasound tech... she works at a local hospital and is going to sneak me in and scan me tonight!!! Super excited... Just over 8 weeks along... it will be a huge relief to me to see the bean since I still can't get the heartbeat on the doppler yet!!
LUCKY! That is so awesome! Try to get us a pic to love on
Old 11-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #175
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
I've been MIA since I joined too, but my grandfather has not been well & I've been helping my mom care for him & my grandmother. He is 90 & she is 92. It's been a stressful circumstance, but it has kept my mind from dwelling on whether or not this bean is going to make it. He is in his final hours, though, so care is minimal & we are just waiting. Please say a prayer for my grandma & she is so heartbroken to lose him.

AFM: I'm just over 5 wks, but feel like I should be 8 or so. Lol That's the only problem with getting a BFP before you miss AF. It seems like forever to get to the point where you can see a healthy bean. I finally broke down & called my dr. today & I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday. If I can just see a strong healthy heartbeat I will feel better. Breasts are still pretty tender so that helps ease my insecurity. But I had that with my 8 wk loss in March so it only helps a little. Better than nothing I guess.

So hard, sorry mama. Praying for your family. I totally hear you about the early BFP, that first trimester took FOREVER!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #176
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29 View Post
Hahaha!!! I was thinking the same thing. Ultrasound tomorrow. I will be 12 weeks!!! I'm excited and nervous. My dh can't go so I'm taking a woman from our church. She's like a second mom to me since we live 5 hours from any family. I'm a lot less anxious since I'm taking someone.
Getting to 12 weeks is such a great milestone. Glad you have someone to go with you to the u/s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
U/S and ob apt went well today. I'm 29 weeks 4 days and babe is at 2 pounds 3 ounces. Doc is very pleased with growth and says things look great. I go back on Dec 4 for NST....
great report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

AFM: I want Friday here and over with all ready. Like I said above, at times I feel excited and nervous... but then times, like today, I feel like puking, I'm so worried and scared.
Friday can't get here soon enough! Just gotta get through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post

I know what you mean about getting the BFP before AF and the waiting. It does seem like forever! Hope Tuesday goes well and you can relax a bit.

AFM: Nothing new to report. Things are good here
Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #177
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Hahaha, kinda like sneaking in to a movie theater b/c of a friend who works concessions.
sooo true!

So... my friend scanned me abdominally assuming we would see everything just fine by 8 weeks... but... I have a super tilted uterus so it was difficult to see, but she found the sac and baby and everything looks wonderful! Baby measured right on track and had a strong heartbeat of 168. I'm so glad!!!

My friend said she couldn't find the heartbeat with her doppler until 12 weeks and she does NOT have a tilted uterus so she told me really to not worry if I can't find it even until closer to 14 weeks with how tilted mine is.

What a huge relief for me tonight, though... My loss was between 6 and 8 weeks last time so I feel so much better knowing everything looks perfect just over 8 weeks along this time.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #178
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry

sooo true!

So... my friend scanned me abdominally assuming we would see everything just fine by 8 weeks... but... I have a super tilted uterus so it was difficult to see, but she found the sac and baby and everything looks wonderful! Baby measured right on track and had a strong heartbeat of 168. I'm so glad!!!

My friend said she couldn't find the heartbeat with her doppler until 12 weeks and she does NOT have a tilted uterus so she told me really to not worry if I can't find it even until closer to 14 weeks with how tilted mine is.

What a huge relief for me tonight, though... My loss was between 6 and 8 weeks last time so I feel so much better knowing everything looks perfect just over 8 weeks along this time.
YAY!!! so glad she found that little baby!!! How exciting. What a great friend to have!
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #179
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

And at least now you know you have a tilted uterus, so you can put the doppler away for a while.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #180
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yay Carly! That's awesome news! Grow, baby, grow!!!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote