Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Poor poor me

ds2 17 months went to bed at 11pm last night. I thought oh great he is going to bed early. His usual is 2am. Nope apparently it was just a nap. He woke up at 1 am. It is now 7:30 am here. He is still up with no sign of sleep in sight.

Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
ds2 17 months went to bed at 11pm last night. I thought oh great he is going to bed early. His usual is 2am. Nope apparently it was just a nap. He woke up at 1 am. It is now 7:30 am here. He is still up with no sign of sleep in sight.
im so sorry!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Oh my! Does he never sleep?
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:
Re: Poor poor me

UGH!!! Poor mama!! We have terrible, terrible nights, too. Especially if he's teething, has a cold, is gassy... the possibilities are endless for a bad night. The best thing you can do for your 17mo's age is routine, routine, routine. Pick a reasonable bedtime (for that age, between 7 and 8pm), before bedtime establish a routine- pj's, books, brush teeth, etc. Then when it's time to go to sleep, don't give up!! Keep trying and trying and trying to get them to sleep. At first it will take time (think hours) to get them to fall asleep. but after 4-5 days of that routine, the child will be used to it and fall asleep at a reasonable hour.

Tip: when your child is older and if he still has trouble falling asleep, try Calms Forte or Melatonin. GREAT, natural sleep aides. we use it!

"She is clothed with strength and dignity...
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...
Charm is deceptive, and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemama View Post
UGH!!! Poor mama!! We have terrible, terrible nights, too. Especially if he's teething, has a cold, is gassy... the possibilities are endless for a bad night. The best thing you can do for your 17mo's age is routine, routine, routine. Pick a reasonable bedtime (for that age, between 7 and 8pm), before bedtime establish a routine- pj's, books, brush teeth, etc. Then when it's time to go to sleep, don't give up!! Keep trying and trying and trying to get them to sleep. At first it will take time (think hours) to get them to fall asleep. but after 4-5 days of that routine, the child will be used to it and fall asleep at a reasonable hour.

Tip: when your child is older and if he still has trouble falling asleep, try Calms Forte or Melatonin. GREAT, natural sleep aides. we use it!
quoted for truth!

hope you can figure out a good routine so everyone is getting a good night's sleep!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I would keep him up until midmorning, let him do a 2-hour nap max, another 2-hr nap after lunch, amd then keep him awake until 7:00-8:00 for bedtime. Who knows, maybe this could be the start of a better night sleeper!
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
Oh my! Does he never sleep?
He finally fell asleep around 8:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemama View Post

I will have to try these suggestions. I am not good with schedules but we were doing pretty good until he developed food issues that caused him stomach cramps. It completely messed up his schedule. No sooner did we get those figured out he started cutting 3 molars. I think those are causing him to rash up. It looks like prickly heat rash but only where his urine hits his skin. Even with the chronic diahrrea we were dealing with we were having very few rashes.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww, I hope tonight is better!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #9
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya. My 19 month went to bed at 5:30-6pm and got up at 4am. Then next night was a bit later and it was still 5 something in am... We norm get to bed about 8-8:30 pm and goes to about 7am so then up for sis and school...... but maybe getting me ready for baby bro on the way.