Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Kidspiration?

http://www.inspiration.com/kidspiration

My 6 year old has autism and I refer to my nearly 8 year old as semi typical

My 8 year old reads nearly at grade level but struggles with comprehension and general Theory of Mind type issues.

My 6 year old is non-verbal except that he is learning to read words. He is having difficulty putting the words into thoughts. He is more classically autistic so he has severe thoery of mind and executive function issues that are common.

The teachers at school are great but both of my boys need extra help at home to learn. Homeschooling isn't an option for me since I work full-time and my 6 year old is learning so much more than academics at school.

I was recently at an autism conference and learned about many websites/software to help with reading comprehension. This one is within my price range and looked promising. But it include so much more than reading comprehension that I'm worried it wont' really help.

Both the boys are visual learners. Any thoughts?
With my oldest we have been talking about books and I ask questions to help him think over what he has read but he still really struggles to see the big picture.

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kidspiration?

What about www.starfall.com? They have some free stuff and also you can join and have access to a lot more. I think it's $30. My kids LOVE it. Good luck finding stuff!