Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
Bananasmama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Prefold sizing?

I'm looking at imagine or diaper rite prefolds and am stuck on what size I should get! My LO is about 12.5 lbs and is long and skinny. I was thinking small but now I'm wondering if we should go with medium at this point. Thoughts?

Advertisement

Bananasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prefold sizing?

I have never used the imagine but I do really like the diaper rites. We had them in Medium.

Are you planing on snappi-ing or pinning them on? If you are tri-folding, you should get the size that fits into the size covers your LO fits into, probably small.

If you are snappi-ing them on you really have the choice. The larger size you can fold down to fit for a bit and make the work and the smaller size you can tri-folding when they no longer snappi on to make them last longer.

You also could consider getting some of both. So you have some that fit well, but others that fit fine folded down. It would make some easier for other people to use (can grandma snappi or would she tri-fold) or for clothes that can't use the extra bulk. But you also have the larger ones to use and you didn't spend all your money on a size that won't last as long.

If you are still unsure, Diaperjunction has free shipping at $35. So maybe make up a purchase for exactly that (especially good if getting a cover) Either get some of each or get one small and the rest Medium. Try them out. If the Med is too big, save them for later and make another purchase of all smalls. Otherwise buy more Med if needed. At least this is what I would do.

This is sort of what I am planning for #2. I have 26 infant prefolds, but I am going to get a dozen newborns with a handful of other "easier" diapers. We will use up the newborn diapers, but probably "deal with" a few infant prefolds before each wash cycle is complete.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 11-23-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
smilewithme
Registered
seller
seller

It would not hurt to go medium at this point for sure. They shrink down from original size as well.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Bananasmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I snappi and we have pockets for babysitters. Thanks for your thoughts!
Bananasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What did you decide to do?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote