Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #31
rainbowgirl28's Avatar
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 737
Re: Need Help. Does OB's plan sound right? How can I go the natural route?

I think that some women's bodies are really sensitive to the amount of bodyfat that they have. While many women can conceive with a BF% of 32% or even much higher, some can't.

Honestly, I think you need to find a new OB. There's no way a woman who is 5'4 and 136 is too skinny to conceive unless they are a bodybuilder with no bodyfat... which you're not.

Considering that you had little trouble conceiving when you were around 20% bodyfat, it sounds like that is the direction you need to go to have the best chance of conceiving naturally.

I do recommend that you start charting your basal body temperature, I think it will help you learn more about what is going on with your body.

It sounds like you are doing all of the right stuff... but seriously, find a new OB!

Advertisement

rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #32
jenniferaj072806's Avatar
jenniferaj072806
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 2,025
My Mood:
Re: Need Help. Does OB's plan sound right? How can I go the natural route?

She just seems to pushy with the meds to me. But thats just an opinion of course I would look into maybe seeing a midwife. They can suggest things that are natural for you. NOT ALL Doctors are in it for the money but that does seem to be the majority of them nowadays
__________________
*Jenn*Wife to Aj (07/06)* Mommy to: T (10/09)* Boy M (11/11)

jenniferaj072806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #33
Dani_Phen's Avatar
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,670
My Mood:
Re:Update post #33. Does OB's plan sound right? How can I go the natural route?

Alright ladies, here's an update and a new Q- wwyd?

I starting drinking fertilitea again on tuesday and drank it up to yesterday. Decided to go against taking the estrogen suppliments (one of which I found out is estrogen from a horse... o.O ). Yesterday morning I woke up and got a shower. I had a weird feeling in my uterus and some light cramping. I didn't think much of it. MIL was watching Ds while I went black friday shopping. When I went to leave I decided I felt "wet" so I went to pee quick and check it out. Within the half hour from the time I got out of the shower to the time I went to check I had bled and I had bled through my underwear and jeans. I've had a heavy AF since then.

Here's the WWYD? part:

Would you continue to drink fertilitea and take fertliaid (I have it ordered and should be delivered anyday now) or would you do the clomid? I'm so torn!! I have no idea whether I want to take the herbs or the medicine.
__________________
Danielle farmer's wife to Hubbs and SAHM to Roo (7/2011), Bird (11/2013) and new little guy March 2015! I blog about our crazy life at:
http://thefarmandbeyond.wordpress.com

Last edited by Dani_Phen; 11-24-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Dani_Phen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #34
BeccaSueCongdon's Avatar
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani_Phen
Alright ladies, here's an update and a new Q- wwyd?

I starting drinking fertilitea again on tuesday and drank it up to yesterday. Decided to go against taking the estrogen suppliments (one of which I found out is estrogen from a horse... o.O ). Yesterday morning I woke up and got a shower. I had a weird feeling in my uterus and some light cramping. I didn't think much of it. MIL was watching Ds while I went black friday shopping. When I went to leave I decided I felt "wet" so I went to pee quick and check it out. Within the half hour from the time I got out of the shower to the time I went to check I had bled and I had bled through my underwear and jeans. I've had a heavy AF since then.

Here's the WWYD? part:

Would you continue to drink fertilitea and take fertliaid (I have it ordered and should be delivered anyday now) or would you do the clomid? I'm so torn!! I have no idea whether I want to take the herbs or the medicine.
Since you asked "WWYD" - what I would do is take the Clomid. If you know you haven't been ovulating and that's been causing the no AF, and you want to get pregnant, if go Clomid. But that's just me. I'm not necessarily anti-medicine. Just anti-pushy doctors. ;-) that's awesome that your period came on its own!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #35
rainbowgirl28's Avatar
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 737
Re: Update in post #33- Does OB's plan sound right? How can I go the natural route?

Yay for AF coming! How old are you? If you're in your 30s, it might be worth it to just start the Clomid. I think that you can conceive naturally, but it will probably take some time, and it's going to get harder the older you get. If you think you might want to have more than one more baby, it might be worth it to get this next one going, work on healthier eating and exercise while pregnant, and then see how things shape up post partum.

I had somewhat irregular cycles before I had a baby, not bad, but I would ovulate anywhere from day 14-21 and it took us 5 months to get pregnant. Not a big deal, but when AF came back after baby, all of my cycles were like clockwork, 28-29 days, and we had just stopped avoiding, but were surprised to get pregnant so quickly because I was traveling a lot that month and only saw DH like once in a 3 week window!

So you never know, if you are able to lose the pregnancy weight within a few months, you may find that after baby, your body has an easier time ovulating (though breastfeeding can certainly delay that).

Good luck with everything! I still would get a new OB though, I wouldn't trust that one to deliver by baby :P
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #36
Dani_Phen's Avatar
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,670
My Mood:
Re: Update in post #33- Does OB's plan sound right? How can I go the natural route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Since you asked "WWYD" - what I would do is take the Clomid. If you know you haven't been ovulating and that's been causing the no AF, and you want to get pregnant, if go Clomid. But that's just me. I'm not necessarily anti-medicine. Just anti-pushy doctors. ;-) that's awesome that your period came on its own!
Went ahead and started clomid today. Dh seems like he likes the idea of going ahead and trying it. Maybe this is a sign that we should go ahead and use the clomid since we have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgirl28 View Post
Yay for AF coming! How old are you? If you're in your 30s, it might be worth it to just start the Clomid. I think that you can conceive naturally, but it will probably take some time, and it's going to get harder the older you get. If you think you might want to have more than one more baby, it might be worth it to get this next one going, work on healthier eating and exercise while pregnant, and then see how things shape up post partum.

I had somewhat irregular cycles before I had a baby, not bad, but I would ovulate anywhere from day 14-21 and it took us 5 months to get pregnant. Not a big deal, but when AF came back after baby, all of my cycles were like clockwork, 28-29 days, and we had just stopped avoiding, but were surprised to get pregnant so quickly because I was traveling a lot that month and only saw DH like once in a 3 week window!

So you never know, if you are able to lose the pregnancy weight within a few months, you may find that after baby, your body has an easier time ovulating (though breastfeeding can certainly delay that).

Good luck with everything! I still would get a new OB though, I wouldn't trust that one to deliver by baby :P
I'm 24. So we have plenty of time. We just want our kids to be close in age. We just want one more...if I'm lucky I might be able to talk Dh into a third but I doubt it. He's pretty content with the idea of just 2 kiddos. We are trying so hard though because we want them close in age and my mom had a hysterectomy at the age of 30 and she had similar issues I do now so an early hysterectomy scares me into wanting to try harder and get finished now considering I may be headed that way too.
__________________
Danielle farmer's wife to Hubbs and SAHM to Roo (7/2011), Bird (11/2013) and new little guy March 2015! I blog about our crazy life at:
http://thefarmandbeyond.wordpress.com
Dani_Phen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.