View Poll Results: Which is easiest for you to birth?
Girls over boys? 1 4.76%
Smaller heads over larger heads? 6 28.57%
"good hips" 5 23.81%
Relaxed environment during labor? 15 71.43%
All of the above. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #31
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of many: Head circumference Girls or Smaller sizes = Easier labor?

my last labor was the hardest, not only was it 5.5 hours (1.5 hours than the rest of my labors) her head was positioned in a weird way (top of head presenting vs back of head) so it was a very tight fit and took longer to push her out than the others. her head was 14.5 inches, cant remember if that was bigger than the others or not. she was also 10 lbs 4 oz, over 1 lbs bigger than my biggest baby

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #32
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All my vaginals births were at home, 9 of them. All relaxed environments. I had a few smaller babies, but most were "bigger". One of my more longer pushing phases wasw/ my dd, she had a much smaller head. My biggest head baby was easier in comparison. He had a 15" head. So for me the environment overall and my choosing of position was the most important factor.

I should add I had one born face up at over 10lbs and that was easier than the 6lb 15oz baby girl, no idea why.

Last edited by Mamatoabunch; 11-11-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Mamatoabunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #33
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't vote, but.....

My girl was my easiest labor, but she was my smallest baby so she had the smallest head, and she was my 4th.

My first son was a difficult labor, but he was induced about 3 weeks early so my body wasn't ready to go into labor which led to complications and I also had back labor which was very difficult despite having an epidural.

My third son was the hardest to push out, because he was my biggest baby and had the biggest head.

I actually asked my midwife a similar question. I asked her "Is it true that generally speaking little girls are smaller babies than little boys?" And she said "No."

I think how easy/difficult a labor is has many factors...1. Good birthing hips. 2. How big/small the baby is (and obviously how big/small the baby's head is). 3. How relaxed or scared mom is. 4. Did mom go into labor naturally or have to be induced early... and so many other things.

So.. in MY case, my girl was the easiest because she WAS my smallest baby and DID have the smallest head circumference, but that's not an "across the board" thing for all babies and moms.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote