Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #21
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to do? WAHM nearing 45 day paypal limit..

I'd file. You can always cancel once the item is in hand.

Advertisement

Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #22
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, it's not in hand, but I really, truly believe her not to be a scammer. I checked the status and my package should get there today (though I'm out of town right now.) It was in the same state so she DID ship when she said she did.
I know it probably wasn't the smartest to send the money back before I get the item, but I guess I just feel badly for the whole situation. I'm hoping the item look good and I think it will, but if it doesn't I guess I'm prepared to take the loss. It wasn't much money.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #23
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

You didn't do anything wrong. This is the biggest problem I find with WAHMs - they let their personal life affect their business too much. I understand her dd was in an accident, but she didn't have to send a picture of her in a hospital bed to make you feel like crap. And even though she is having a hard time personally, she should not have attacked you. Very unprofessional!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #24
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut*
You didn't do anything wrong. This is the biggest problem I find with WAHMs - they let their personal life affect their business too much. I understand her dd was in an accident, but she didn't have to send a picture of her in a hospital bed to make you feel like crap. And even though she is having a hard time personally, she should not have attacked you. Very unprofessional!
This.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #25
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #26
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Whether everything works out or not I'd leave neutral if you can. She was rude and late in sending. She tried to make it right but after no communication and guilt tripping you. Personal issues or not even with the refund after telling you to send it back does not make up for her previous actions. I wouldn't feel bad and I wouldn't give negative feedback but definitely wouldn't want to give positive either. Jmo
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #27
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Ask for mod mediation?

I imagine she found this thread. That's where the anger likely came from?? Because I think you were reasonable in expecting communication. My children have been in the hospital before. I feel for people. I do! But they have to understand they TOOK my money and I need to know I will get my items or a dang refund. My money was not a loan for an undeceived amount of time. Kwim? Communication is KEY!! And why all the sudden you get the communication you wanted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I don't think it was insensitive. You don't have any way of knowing whether her story is true or not. And it's a business. She shouldn't take it personally and neither should you.
YES! It's still hard though, we're all moms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithyne View Post
Wait to send her the money until you have the item in hand. You were not insensitive. Hospital stories are a dime a dozen with real scammers.
I totally agree, and if she's not scamming you then she really should see it from your perspective. You did the right thing.

Last edited by boysniris; 11-24-2012 at 10:11 AM.
boysniris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #28
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
Yep I agree w/this. In fact it just happened to me! It's so embarrassing, but because being a WAHM you are, ya know, working at home, you still have to deal with all the unpredictable things that can happen at home and disrupt your work schedule.

However, just b/c you're a WAHM doesn't mean that every time you miss a deadline you can give your customers a sob story and expect them to be understanding. I have missed a few deadlines, not many, but it can happen. I realize, also, that if I miss a deadline then the person may be disappointed and want to cancel, and I would fully understand (though I would be disappointed too, especially if I was just a few days past). But that's good customer service. Own the truth, either way, and be professional about it.

boysniris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #29
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
Yep I agree w/this. In fact it just happened to me! It's so embarrassing, but because being a WAHM you are, ya know, working at home, you still have to deal with all the unpredictable things that can happen at home and disrupt your work schedule.

However, just b/c you're a WAHM doesn't mean that every time you miss a deadline you can give your customers a sob story and expect them to be understanding. I have missed a few deadlines, not many, but it can happen. I realize, also, that if I miss a deadline then the person may be disappointed and want to cancel, and I would fully understand (though I would be disappointed too, especially if I was just a few days past). But that's good customer service. Own the truth, either way, and be professional about it.
I totally agree. The fact that she was behind wasn't the part that bothered me - it was the fact that communication was lacking and I felt she was being short with me. I totally understand that life happens, I just think it was handled poorly.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #30
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bet I know who you are talking about. In 6 days I hit 30 days with an order. I'm really hoping it comes in time for Christmas, since it's a gift. I'm worried about it not, since she runs late all the time. I'm planning to file if I get to the 45 day mark too.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote