Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
IzzysMomma90
Registered Users
seller

Re: Menstrual cramps vs labour pains

I also have HORRIBLE cramps. I thought labour was comparable to cramps right up to 9cm then I lost it and thought I couldn't deal anymore. So maybe it helped me a bit that I always have BAD cramps

Advertisement

IzzysMomma90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never had bad cramps and my first labor was nearly painless. The second one was harder but shorter, but I didn't have a difficult time coping despite my having a pretty pain-free existence.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

After 4 kids, and reading all sorts of mommy and pregnancy and baby boards, I have learned (or rather really come to believe) that every single labor, from mommy to mommy and from baby to baby is completely different. Yes, they same mommy can have similar labors from baby to baby, but that very same mommy can have a completely different labor the next time around. There are all sorts of stories about mommy's who's first births were horrific, long, terribly painful, then the second was short and sweet...even if both the first and second were standard hospital births. I have had 2 labors with epidural and 2 without. Without a doubt, my last birth was my most painful of the 4, and that includes a pitocin induction with #3. My first was the least painful, though of course it still hurt.

So, I think any comparisons drawn between labor pains and menstrual cramps are probably for the most part just coincidence.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My labor was much worse than cramps. I was not prepared for the intensity of the contractions I had with ds. Once I was feeling them they were strong enough I could not move. My last labor was only 1.5 hours though, so I think that may have a lot to do with it.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #15
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've always gotten bad cramps...like not able to breathe cramps but not puking. My cramps don't just happen around af time, they happen all the time. With that being said, I still thought labor was worse.
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote