Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #1051
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: THANKSGIVING! KAL ~ Nov 18-24

I used to sew and quilt all the time before I learned to knit. It is not portable and I don't have room to sew in this house so it is much more a chore to do. I have to sew in three rooms and it makes a huge mess of the house.

Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #1052
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMonkey
Thought I would stop in and say hi. I'm still shopping in the city. It was a few successful day for me shopping and SIL found a wedding dress she really likes.

I think I've turned into a bit of a yarn snob. I couldn't bring myself to by any acrylic sweaters no matter how nice they fit.

Yesterday some lady unfriended a friend of mine because they were saying that acrylic a good choice and that men didn't know the difference between acrylic and otherwise.

I totally told her otherwise! Shoot, my son can even tell which were knitted by whom!

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #1053
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post
I split for the legs on my overalls, and am ready to start the striping. I don't know how Carolyn does it, solids bore me
You learn to love solids/semis as you knit more. It IS so nice not to have to fight w/yarn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
It's beautiful!! Going on my list of "must knits" from handspun

Well you rock at your "thing"
thanks Mindy...a super fast knit and I knit the whole thing in the dark, so super easy too. I think it is meant to have the gathers in the back but I really like them on the side.

and yes, Carolyn sure does.

Quote:
And OMG I had to share. I was talking Christmas gifts with my mom and sis this morning (the sis in AZ that lives with/by my mom) and when I got to Pixie gift ideas, my mom texted me a pic and told me to look. She got Pixie a VINE BRANCHES WALDORF for Christmas She said she tried to stalk for months and even though it was expensive she wanted to do something "special". I about keeled over.
Mindys Mom!!!!

Quote:
There, hiccup seems to have passed

Two (2) fall colored fun stripey handspun socks
as always, your yarn is beautiful. I wish I had your love of sock knitting. I keep thinking it will come.

Quote:
I am sure I could make a ring sling, I made the ring sling I use for Pixie. I might do or buy Mei Tais for them each, or there is a "papoose" style carrier in the "Growing up sew liberated" book that would be perfect. I don't have the book yet but it'd be worth buying just for that I think.
mei tai would be so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae View Post
I bought myself a sewing machine for Xmas with the Black Friday sale so I need to learn to use it!
yay, it should be easy to learn. It's so handy to have a sewing machine.

Quote:
Being multi craftual is dangerous though, you look at everything and think... too much $, I can do that AND make it perfect for me by doing X, x, x, and then you have a to-do list that lasts the next 3 (or 30) years

Had a nice day of knitting and American Horror Story. It just came "free" on amazon prime so I am trying it out. A few people at work are watching and told me to try it. So far it is good.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #1054
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post

Yesterday some lady unfriended a friend of mine because they were saying that acrylic a good choice and that men didn't know the difference between acrylic and otherwise.

I totally told her otherwise! Shoot, my son can even tell which were knitted by whom!

she lives in the land of fiber challenged men I assume? My man can tell what is what no problem. Maybe a knitters wife thing? My DD can tell the difference too. She always makes a terrbile face when we feel the RH yarn. It is crazy people use that stuff!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #1055
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert

she lives in the land of fiber challenged men I assume? My man can tell what is what no problem. Maybe a knitters wife thing? My DD can tell the difference too. She always makes a terrbile face when we feel the RH yarn. It is crazy people use that stuff!
Yea. She said she knows "good stuff" cause she knits for a living. Brother, please. I dare anyone to prove to me a knitter can hand knit a consistent living wage off ONLY selling their own hand knitted wears. A living wage AFTER business expenses. So you know how I replied? Oh, I don't know how to knit.

That's when she deleted her comments and unfriended my friend. I was gigging so hard. Yes. Tell me ALL about how amazing you are. Wait, we have had this conversation before?!?!!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #1056
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Yea. She said she knows "good stuff" cause she knits for a living. Brother, please. I dare anyone to prove to me a knitter can hand knit a consistent living wage off ONLY selling their own hand knitted wears. A living wage AFTER business expenses. So you know how I replied? Oh, I don't know how to knit.

!

yeah, if you want to knit for money, it is def not for profit. I look at this way. I love to knit and if someone wants to pay for something knit, it is like paying me to knit and do the hobby that I love it is NOT payment for my time at all.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #1057
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

That's when she deleted her comments and unfriended my friend. I was gigging so hard. Yes. Tell me ALL about how amazing you are. Wait, we have had this conversation before?!?!!

LMAO! I love you! Lololol
Old 11-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #1058
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert

yeah, if you want to knit for money, it is def not for profit. I look at this way. I love to knit and if someone wants to pay for something knit, it is like paying me to knit and do the hobby that I love it is NOT payment for my time at all.
I know! It pays nice for a hobby and it buys more yarn but it is by no means a living wage by any stretch even if you do use acrylic. The process just takes too long.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #1059
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

I know! It pays nice for a hobby and it buys more yarn but it is by no means a living wage by any stretch even if you do use acrylic. The process just takes too long.

Since you made me lose a "friend" on fb.... I think I deserve some socks fi. I really want wool socks for Xmas!
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #1060
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae

Since you made me lose a "friend" on fb.... I think I deserve some socks fi. I really want wool socks for Xmas!
I wasn't gunna say it was you but come on. With FRIENDS like US you don't need "friends"!