Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
MandaMommy2's Avatar
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hamlin, NY
Posts: 615
My Mood:
Usps flat rate boxes

Can flat rate boxes be shipped to Hawaii and Alaska ? I'm new to selling and trying to figure this all out. Thanks.

Advertisement

MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
CaliRoll's Avatar
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 2,591
My Mood:
I was going to check the USPS site from my phone but their mobile site is horrible. I don't see why you couldn't, just know it takes longer.
__________________
- Addie -
Wife to
Mama to (3/07) and (2/10) and our bonus blessing (3/12)
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
MandaMommy2's Avatar
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hamlin, NY
Posts: 615
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRoll
I was going to check the USPS site from my phone but their mobile site is horrible. I don't see why you couldn't, just know it takes longer.
I think it will work. It doesn't say anything that I can see other than restrictions for military addresses. Thanks though.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
MandaMommy2's Avatar
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hamlin, NY
Posts: 615
My Mood:
Also when you ship things do you get insurance and return receipt? Can I include these costs in my prices? Thanks.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
ajbailey89's Avatar
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 5,219
My Mood:
Re: Usps flat rate boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
Can flat rate boxes be shipped to Hawaii and Alaska ? I'm new to selling and trying to figure this all out. Thanks.
Yes, you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
Also when you ship things do you get insurance and return receipt? Can I include these costs in my prices? Thanks.
I do not get insurance, unless it is something expensive or one of a kind like a baby carrier. But DS rules require delivery confirmation number which I would buy regardless.
__________________
April + Stephen = Eva, Reese, and Baby 3.0 (due Nov '14)
ajbailey89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
MandaMommy2's Avatar
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hamlin, NY
Posts: 615
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89

Yes, you can.

I do not get insurance, unless it is something expensive or one of a kind like a baby carrier. But DS rules require delivery confirmation number which I would buy regardless.
Thanks for helping. Do you buy the certified mail or return receipt for your packages.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
Rdesonia's Avatar
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,101
My Mood:
Re: Usps flat rate boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
Thanks for helping. Do you buy the certified mail or return receipt for your packages.
No, I just get Delivery confirmation number.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...n!input.action

9400109699938268129638
Here is a number to put in so you can see what it looks like. It shows when the package was delivered. I use Paypal or Ebay to print my shipping labels. (Delivery confirmation is 19 cents ?? on paypal and free with Ebay (if item sold on ebay.... It is much cheaper to print labels than go to post office and pay!)
__________________
Sahm married to a wonderful man who does the dishes with DS 11/18/02 and DD 7/11/11

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
Rdesonia's Avatar
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,101
My Mood:
Re: Usps flat rate boxes

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454378
You might find this thread helpful. It has very useful info on shipping. I wish the mods would sticky it!!!!
__________________
Sahm married to a wonderful man who does the dishes with DS 11/18/02 and DD 7/11/11

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #9
MandaMommy2's Avatar
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hamlin, NY
Posts: 615
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454378
You might find this thread helpful. It has very useful info on shipping. I wish the mods would sticky it!!!!
Thank you so much.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.