Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #21
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AAAH!! Need help ASAP

Glad you at least know one way or the other and it was the result you sort-of wanted!!!!

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621
Glad you at least know one way or the other and it was the result you sort-of wanted!!!!
Yeah. :-) Its an odd thing. This season of life would be very stressful for a new baby to enter into. But I am always a little disappointed every cycle when I'm not pregnant. Lol.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #23
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Yeah. :-) Its an odd thing. This season of life would be very stressful for a new baby to enter into. But I am always a little disappointed every cycle when I'm not pregnant. Lol.
I know what you mean.... Sometimes it isn't that you don't want anymore, it's that it's the wrong time for more. :/
Old 11-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #24
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just a word about the extra folic acid. Yes, folic acid/folate is shown to reduce birh defects, but excess folic acid in the diet (synthetic form of folate) has also been implicated in higher rates of cancer. As with pretty much all nutrients, it should be taken in it's natural form of FOLATE and not folic acid to insure that your body is utilizing it correctly. Foods high in folate include sprouted grains, leafy greens, organ meats, and beans.

Here is a great article on vitamins for prenatal and pregnancy periods. It's really long, warning!
http://www.westonaprice.org/children...n-to-birth#fol
Old 11-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516
Just a word about the extra folic acid. Yes, folic acid/folate is shown to reduce birh defects, but excess folic acid in the diet (synthetic form of folate) has also been implicated in higher rates of cancer. As with pretty much all nutrients, it should be taken in it's natural form of FOLATE and not folic acid to insure that your body is utilizing it correctly. Foods high in folate include sprouted grains, leafy greens, organ meats, and beans.

Here is a great article on vitamins for prenatal and pregnancy periods. It's really long, warning!
http://www.westonaprice.org/children...n-to-birth#fol
Do you have a link to the info about increased folic acid and cancer link?
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #26
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Do you have a link to the info about increased folic acid and cancer link?
Okay so I looked for where I read that, but can't find it. I did find a ton of research on the benefit of folate/folic acid, though, so it seems that supplementation with either one is probably better than not taking it at all. I'm guessing that heavy supplementation with the synthetic is not the best choice, but seems to help at least in the short term with development of babies. I'd still try to get most of mine from food sources, but taking folic acid is almost certainly better than not taking it if you're worried that you're not getting enough in your diet.
Sorry that I couldn't find that reference. I'd look longer, but I have a ton of work to do!