Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
potty training, a baby on the way and a?

Why does A decide NOW that hes ready to pee in the potty ALL the time IF hes running around nakid? He couldn't wait a couple weeks until after baby is born and we are settled with 2 OR do it a few months ago?
Oh well...

Now my ?, I am currently watching an 18m old and 6yr old (girls) for a couple more weeks (maybe, depending on if I get my energy back, keep baby in, and the what the dr says)...BUT when ds is running around nakid and they are here the 6yr old has a problem with A running around without a diaper, BUT its the ONLY way I can get him to use the potty, he REFUSES to put underwear or pullups on, and if he as a diaper on hell just pee in that, so do I just not care what a 6yr old thinks (I usually don't) but I know some don;t agree w/ ds running around nakid, but its just us in OUR house, and if it works for him to potty train, than Im great with it, and dh is even ok with it now as he sees for himself that ds says "I pee" and runs to the bathroom.
Any advice? (were not pushing it, but if hes letting us know than were going with it)
sorry long

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: potty training, a baby on the way and a?

I think you're asking us (please correct me if I'm wrong) what to do about the 6yo who has a problem w/ your DS running around nekkid?

Nothing.
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Tahaacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is the same way. She is PL and will only do it when she is nakie. I am due the 28th of sept so I hope she'll be out of diapers by then!

But on to what I think is the question, what should you do with the 6 yr old who is uncomfortable with your son being nakie. Have you tried explaining to her what is going on. That he is PL and is only comfortable when he is nakie. This might help, I don't know the girl personally but its what I had to do with some of my DH younger cousins.

Good luck though
Tahaacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you have an extra long t-shirt he can wear? Or does he need to be totally naked?

Either way, his WANTING to PL is more important than her comfort. kwim?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
I think you're asking us (please correct me if I'm wrong) what to do about the 6yo who has a problem w/ your DS running around nekkid?

Nothing.
Yes sorry, remind me NOT to type ?s when I am beat, I took a nap, so Im just reading this
Thanks (she does start school next week)

I have tried to explain to her but I get well her sissy doesn't run around that way she still wears diapers (DUH,lol) (they are not ready to pt her, or shes NOT ready)
I don't think a tee shirt would work because being long would :cover: it and I am pretty sure he would pee on it, we have tried that and ned up going through shirts all day long.

Im just going to keep ignoring her and let ds train, if thats what he wants..I ust needed to hear that its OK
Old 08-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She can deal with it for another week, imho. If that is what it takes for him to use the potty... then that is what needs to be done. She just needs to realize that what happens at her house isn't necessarily what other people do too.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #7
MammaLee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maybe talk to the girls mother and ask her to explain it to her, maybe she will be more understanding if it comes from her mommy. It might just be a little strange for her since she only has a sister and doesn't see nakie boys! I was worried my girls wouldn't know what the heck was between DS's legs when he was born, but surprisingly they have never asked, and when I explained to DD1, because I thought I had to, she was just all, "yeah, whatever" lol. I sure wouldn't change what you are doing to accomidate her though, it would be easier for you is DS is PL before the new babe gets here.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
Momx3MD
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Well around 6yrs they become more aware of there body and such ..Maybe her mom should talk to her about body difference between boys and girls ...But i am maybe the dissenting person from the bunch by saying if you are daycareing(yes even in your home) your son should be in a diaper or underpants ..i would check your state rules/regulations for daycare providers ..I personally would not want children running around naked in a daycare enviroment alot of things can become misinterperted (sp) ..(but thats just my 2cents not ment to come off mean)
Momx3MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #9
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momx3MD View Post
Well around 6yrs they become more aware of there body and such ..Maybe her mom should talk to her about body difference between boys and girls ...But i am maybe the dissenting person from the bunch by saying if you are daycareing(yes even in your home) your son should be in a diaper or underpants ..i would check your state rules/regulations for daycare providers ..I personally would not want children running around naked in a daycare enviroment alot of things can become misinterperted (sp) ..(but thats just my 2cents not ment to come off mean)
Its a pt thing and I do NOT have to be licensed to watch 2 kids.