Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Totally Misrepresented Items??

Respectfully, I'm wondering if everyone here read the listing she is referring to? The mama clearly said they were in EUC in the listing. Those are NOT. They are GUC. EUC should mean that they are nearly perfect. And this is exactly why I don't generally use those descriptions unless I give very specific information about the diapers as well.

All that said, $8 for those 3 items IS a very good price. I would contact the mama and let her know what you see but that would be the end of it for me. I would just want her to know that those are not EUC in your opinion.

Advertisement

-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Kristi26; 11-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi26 View Post
Respectfully, I'm wondering if everyone here read the listing she is referring to? The mama clearly said they were in EUC in the listing. Those are NOT. They are GUC. EUC should mean that they are nearly perfect. And this is exactly why I don't generally use those descriptions unless I give very specific information about the diapers as well.

All that said, $8 for those 3 items IS a very good price. I would contact the mama and let her know what you see but that would be the end of it for me. I would just want her to know that those are not EUC in your opinion.
I thought the EUC was for the Bummis SWW, which appears to be in great condition. Unless I am missing something in the pics that the OP posted.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi26 View Post

i did, the WAHM cover is listed as "in good shape" and the bummis cover is listed as EUC. thats why i hate those terms too, i do my best to avoid using them, fully describing the diaper is much better than slapping some subjective term on it IMO
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One trip in the washing machine can cause the majority of what you are seeing. I think from the description and pictures its accurate. The items aren't new...they are used afterall. I think the prices seem pretty fair as well.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Regardless of the listing accuracy, I'd say you got a great deal at 8ppd.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors
i think the price reflected the condition, but i wouldnt call those EUC, she definitely should have mentioned the the pilling, applix ect "good shape" and EUC vary so much from person to person

I dont think shipping them back would really be worth it for you, are they still items you will be able to get a bit of use out of? or are they something youd probably FFS or donate? I think that answer would determine what sort of resolution id want.

I would contact for sure, and let her know that you arent happy, and give her the heads up for the future. I personally would probably ask for a partial refund and keep the items, maybe a couple of dollars back.
I might FFS them if I didn't just give them away locally to save myself the trouble. :/

Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi26

I *think* the EUC was referring to the Bummis cover, but even that is not "excellent". Pilling =/= excellence. I would be really upset if I bought an "excellent" sweater for myself that was pilly.

I am not upset about the price - and the price does reflect their ACTUAL condition - I am more upset about the dishonesty/lack of disclosure and the principle. I would've rather spent $8 on a cover I would USE than get a "great deal" on something I won't use. Kwim?

She had plenty of opportunity in the pms we exchanged in which I asked specifics (but apparently not the right ones!) to mention that the edges were pilly. And she didn't. I mean, I obviously didn't think of it at the time, but that seems to be a pretty standard check point in diaper descriptions! I just feel like she conveniently excluded that info.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #17
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
I think I would write her an email explaining that her description should be better explained in the future. I don't think I'd ask for any $$ back since the price IMO is fair for the condition but she might just be a newer seller and honestly not know the difference. I'd give benefit of the doubt and leave the ball in the sellers court.
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pilly edges are normal for aplix diapers. I can see why she may not have mentioned it. I have probably sold many aplix diapers and not said anything about pilly edges. I use almost all aplix so that is normal and not something I would make a big deal over.

I really don't think she was being dishonest espeically not on purpose. Unless you specifically asked if the gussets were pilly and she said no then yes she was dishonest.

I don't understand why you cant use them. They are still very functional diapers. the issues are purely cosmetic.

Last edited by Nerissa; 11-26-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think that $8ppd is good for what you received. There is a prefold and that probably made her shipping atleast $3.
I would just let it go. If not resell for the same price and put up the pictures of them up close.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I don't think the items were misrepresented at all. I would expect items listed as GUC to show wear and possible cosmetic issues. I think the price reflected the condition. I think you are expecting too much if you expect stuff listed as GUC to be in near perfect condition.
I agree I have had the foe on the bummis look like that after one wash with a velcro diaper snag it. It seems like they are in working order and it was a good price. Unless she said new I think they are what she described them as.