Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #31
daenikoffre
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Glue vs. staple closure?!?

Staples and steri strips here. My OB had me remove the staples myself a day or two after my son's birth, to help empower me and give me an area I could be in control of. I thanked him for that experience. I really needed it.

[I healed beautifully and only have a faint 4" long scar that is very thin and not at all raised.]

Advertisement

daenikoffre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #32
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenikoffre
Staples and steri strips here. My OB had me remove the staples myself a day or two after my son's birth, to help empower me and give me an area I could be in control of. I thanked him for that experience. I really needed it.
Yikes!! I am too easily grossed out by medical stuff so there's no way I could do that. Glad it helped you though!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #33
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dissolvable stitches with steri-strips to help hold for a few days with both of my c-sections. Both done by the same doctor. I have hypertrophic issues with scaring so my first scar wasn't bad but not pretty. My right side of my incision was all bubbled up and looked red. My doctor didn't like the look of it during my second c-section so he cut all of it out. It's still visible if you really look, but completely healed and white. My stretch marks have more scaring than my c-section now. I'm really happy with his work.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #34
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Staples and steri strips for me and no issues. And my scar is pretty darn decent looking considering they had to take an 11 lb 7 oz baby out through there.

Last edited by slimy72; 09-30-2012 at 09:31 AM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #35
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had staples and no problems whatsoever. And they didn't remove my staples until weeks afterwards. My scar is tiny and as pretty as a scar can be.

I had dissolvable stitches in my abdomen many years ago. The scar is about 2 inches higher than my csection scar and much longer and much bigger.

So, I guess I don't have a lot of preference either way.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #36
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had stitches 4 times - the glue is intriguing...I might have to ask about that...I like the stitches though - dissolve-able with steri strips (which do hurt when you pull them off and I always have to)
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #37
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I had staples with both of mine (2 c-sections). They don't hurt when they remove them. The only thing you really need to watch out for is you need granny panties when they are in you.

I found out after another surgery that I am allergic to surgical glue, so now I have no choice.
Are you allergic to the tegaderm (sp?) strips they put on after surgery too? I am and was thinking about asking about the glue but that would be horrible if I ended up being allergic to it.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #38
beccatown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had staples with the first (no problems at all) and I had disolvable stitches with glue (no problems at all).

Lane Louise Grace born 04/05/2011
beccatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #39
esthergum
Registered Users

Glue and steri strips! I had a semi-emergency section so I hadn't even thought of how they would close me up...until this thread. :-P The thought of staples is scary. My mom had a section with me and was sutured. I wonder what causes each doc to develop their preference.
esthergum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #40
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

I had my first c-section a month ago and had staples. My internal (uterine) incision is vertical and my external incision is the low bikini-line horizontal. I did not mind the staples and in fact I think was less nervous about the incision opening. They were removed on the 4th day post-surgery, before I was discharged from the hospital, and replaced with a sticky glue-like substance that they painted over my skin around the incision and stuck steri-strips to that. I peeled those off about 8 day later. No problems here, healing is going nicely!
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote