Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Littlebitofeverythingmama
Registered Users

Lots of diaper patterns available - which one??

There are so many to choose from. I bought the babyville boutique book at Joann's on Black Friday. I like all the color photos but I'm of keen on the fit on these pictured babies with the foe covers and diapers. They look so low in the legs. I'm just not sure they would work for us.

There the nykibaby. Then the darling diapers, the baabaa baby, the very baby, and little comet tails. I'm sure there are more.

It's Been so long long since we cloth diapered, I'm not sure what I am looking for.

I'm pregnant with baby girl twins. Due in April. I'm concerned to start making things too early because I lost our last baby at 20 weeks. I'm 19 weeks 3 days today. I'm on heparin, etc, to hopefully prevent that again. I also have an almost 2 year old that is showing signs of being ready to train.

Back to the twins... I have big babies and so far these babies are growing at a very normal non-twin rate. They are right with dates or ahead. We had a lot of success with covers and prefolds when the kids were newborns. Our most success with pocket diapers was with fuzzi bunz. I'm not the type to try a hundred different diapers to get the right one. I want to find one that works and stick with it.

My biggest issues are our hard water and leaks. I'd also like to find something that could work overnight with babies that sleep on their tummies. Before our babies rear ends literally stuck up in the air their diapers were so thick. No bueno.

Would love to have you all share opinions and experiences.

Advertisement

Littlebitofeverythingmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use the cloth revolution pattern for fitteds and use the katrina pattern for fleece longies. I have a 7 month old boy. These patterns work great for us, but I've never tried any other patterns other than ones I've drafted myself. He is a tummy sleeper, and they work fine for overnight. I use probably 16-18 layers of flannel in the inserts/doublers and two layers of fleece. (One side fleece, fold the insert so it is two layers fleece) and I also put the doubler in the wetzone of the fleece longies. It really isn't very bulky, it's trimmer than the two trifolded prefolds and bamboo doubler that we used to have to use. Hope this helps!
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lots of diaper patterns available - which one??

I still love all my old style fuzzi bunz. I use those with the babyville boutique pockets I made. I prefer the snap setting on the fuzzi bunz though, so I made my babyville diaper snaps similar. I have a BIG just turned two year old boy, and the babyville diapers still fit him awesome. He's in a large and he is probably 35lbs now.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Littlebitofeverythingmama
Registered Users

Nsb, so you used the babyville pattern, but adapted to the snap placement on the fb? I just want to make sure I am understanding.

I don't want to make this complicated, so this is very helpful.

What do you prefer about the fb placement over the babyville?

Do the old style fb have curved or pointed flaps. I can't remember.

And one more question, what did you use for your lining and then your inserts?

Thanks so much.

Also, looking at the Longies. Cute. Not sure I could stand the pulling down the pants thing if there were pee coming out. Or poop. Of course, it may be just because I'm still nauseous at almost 20 weeks. Lol
Littlebitofeverythingmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I like the Babyville book for all the ideas they give you on how to take a diaper pattern and turn it into whatever style you want, I also really like that LaDiDa pattern for the same reason. However, LaDiDa has a much more trim cut and is more narrow between the legs. I really like the cut of this patterns over the Babyville, but those are the only 2 I have ever used.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
MyNameIsMama
Registered Users
seller

I have almost every diaper pattern out their. I would get either darling diapers or la di da diaper pattern to make newborn diaper covers and the Hippy One by doddle bee for your one size pattern for pocket diapers. Another pattern that is my absolute favorite is the Super Front snap if you are looking for sized diaper covers, it has gussets. I hate to say anything bad about diaper patterns, out of respect for the WAHM's that work so hard to create them. So I don't want to comment on the other patterns.
MyNameIsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Darling Diapers Unlimited was always my favorite. I had almost all that were out back in my diapering days and DDU was the only one I used more than once
Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like the little commet tails pattern....but my kids are long and skinny, so that may not work for you.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I've tried several, and you absolutely cannot beat the instructions in the Darling Diapers pattern. None of the others are as easy to use, and to customize to what you want. There are so many helpful tips every step of the way. Really can't say enough good things.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #10
jessreichenbach
**DO NOT B/S/T WITH THIS USER***

My Mood:

I Adore the Trimsies pattern, you can make it a pocket, all in one or fitted. the small fits the average Baby from birth (no need to but NB dipes for the first few weeks) My 1 year old is just now out growing mediums, but my 2 year old never did, she went from mediums right into the small trainers. the side snapping makes it fit virtually any shape baby. I had a petite girl and a Moose of a boy, fit them both equally well! You can buy both the diaper and trainer pattern as a combo deal. I've used the trainer pattern a million ways too, pocket trainer, all in one trainer, pull up, snapping, waterproof, non waterproof, even used it to make regular undies!
trimsies.com
great easy to read and use instructions, and a super sweet lady as well!
Trainers
Diaper making Business liquidation
jessreichenbach is offline   Reply With Quote