Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
MichelleKiley
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasmom
Am I the only one who would have a puddle in my lap if I had the other boob out when I let down Some people just crave attention I guess...it is certainly not the best way to encourage NIP normalization and acceptance
Me! Same problem. lol. I get a puddle just from the actual nursing side, too! Baby stilllll lets go during most letdowns - 6 months later. Cheers for over active letdowns...

And to the original post - I basically think that's just ridiculous. I'm with everyone else. Don't ruin natural/normal/not gross nursing in public for the rest of us, crazy restaurant lady! Sigh.

Advertisement

MichelleKiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #22
starfairy1980
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: NIP completely exposed???

There are better, more productive ways to get attention. Geez. That really pisses me off. I fully support NIP. THAT was not NIP. THAT is exactly what the Anti NIP ppl think NIP looks like. Idiot.
starfairy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #23
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
To play devil's advocate:
If breasts are not sexual, why is exposing two any worse than exposing one? You can't have it both ways. Either breast feeding in public is normal or it's indecent.

Maybe she wore a shirt that was difficult to adjust, or maybe her kid (like mine) liked to switch back and forth every two minutes.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #24
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki
If breasts are not sexual, why is exposing two any worse than exposing one? You can't have it both ways. Either breast feeding in public is normal or it's indecent.
I think breasts are often sexual. Breastfeeding is not. To me it's worse because one was being used to feed her baby, the other was....being aired out?? I don't think anything is ever black and white, personally.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #25
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post

Maybe she wore a shirt that was difficult to adjust, or maybe her kid (like mine) liked to switch back and forth every two minutes.
That is a valid point. IMO society in general has a very difficult time seperating the sexual purpose of a woman's breasts from the feeding part. It's one thing to see a baby in the act of nursing, where the entire bare breast does not get exposed too much. Everyone knows what baby is doing, and sometimes part of the breast is seen, but it is covered up in some way (whether it be by clothing, a nursing cover, or baby's head). Sitting in the middle of a restaurant with one (or both) of your breasts hanging out is not appropriate, at least IMO. That other breast is not being used to feed the child at that particular moment. If that truly is the only way your baby will eat then finding a more private spot is appropriate. When that one breast is not being used to feed the baby at that time (unless baby is literally going back and forth every minute which I find unlikely) how is that any different than indecent exposure?

Even when I'm at home I rarely lift my shirt to expose both breasts. One, I'm not a fan of my other boob being used as a toy, and two, I just don't see the need. The thought of doing that in a restaurant is just silly, and honestly kind of gross to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I think breasts are often sexual. Breastfeeding is not. To me it's worse because one was being used to feed her baby, the other was....being aired out?? I don't think anything is ever black and white, personally.
I agree.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #26
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wouldnt bother me. i wouldn expose so much, i dont get why anyone else would. i usually pop out the top but i keep my nipple covered with my hand until baby latches on. thats probably more than most are comfortable with but im showing as much cleavage as a low cut top
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #27
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i dont think it would bother me but it def out of "my" comfort zone. I wouldnt do it.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #28
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

She's just being an attention you-know-what. People like that tick me off to know end, one bad apple spoils the bunch. I NIP all the time, most of the time no one even knows, and that is the best way to do it.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #29
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My husband would not tolerate that at all. He's always trying to cover me up. I nurse in puplic all the time and I usually don't use a cover bc LO hates it. I think it's bc I don't cover at home so shed not used to it. I usually use a cover in front of my father and brother in law though bc it makes them uncomfortable and I don't like to have conversations with people where they stare at my feet instead of talking to me. Usually when I go out ill ware a tank top under my shirt so I'm pretty covered. I arrange the top shirt on my breast after the baby is latched and my arm covers the side and the baby covers the front. If she pops off I turn to the side to relative her do I don't give a free show. Although today at Wic I covered bc there was some creep staring at me. Our wic office shares a building with the health centers Eye doctor so theres non wic people in there To. Breast feeding isn't sexual but perverts make it out to be. Weirdos make me want to say this is a baby attached to my nipple not a titty tassel. That lady obviously has attention issues. I hope she wasn't too large chested or they might have been resting on the dinner table.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #30
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki

Unfortunately we live in a society where they have made it sexual so regardless of what we educated women here believe we still live in a world with sex crazy maniacs. I'm less concerned though with offending people than with perverts. It would probably start a problem if a man decided that we wanted to dine without his shirt on at a public eatery. Especially if he had boobies lol. I've accidentally flashed people many times in the last few months but I don't care because it didn't mean anything. I just don't like people who stare.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote