Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:
some ppl just dont get it (vent)

My DS is 2, he has had all his shots til his 2yr,My DD is 1, she has had all her shots up til 6m. I have chose not to Vax anymore. i have done research. Just not for us. i also choose not to have any (well maybe 1) prenatal testing this pg. its just not for me. i have not normally had any problems with it, until tonight. Over and over i was asked why? why? why do that do your kids? why do that to yourself? i was told i was young, naeve, and close minded. i will be 22 in a few hours. i am not dumb and im not close minded. why dont some people get it? am i the only one who gets crap about this kind of stuff?

Advertisement

Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #2
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: some ppl just dont get it (vent)

Happy birthday!

You surely aren't the only one. You venture away from the norm and you become the "weird one" or the one that suddently doesn't care about your children.. That ones my favorite, Because I don't Vaccinate my daughter, I don't care what happens to her, when the Complete Opposite is the truth. lol

I've learned really to ignore it. I'm found that most of the people that question it are insecure with what they have choosen. Like it somehow means they have made the wrong choice since you don't do the same thing with your children as they did. Let them think whatever they want.

I've learned how to nod and smile pretty well, you should try it.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's because most people can't believe that their trusted Doctors would lead them wrong. Medical science is the ultimate truth. Heaven forbid we go against it, or even dare to think that there might be flaws. (Not said snarky for those that do vax, there are just *some people* that think this way)

When our parents has us they were basically told that if they didn't vaccinate us, we'd all get polio and die. Not vaccinating= horrible parents who don't care about their kids. That's what the doctor's were taught to believe, I honestly don't think most of them have done the research into that most non-vaxers have.

You can't change anyone's mind. What you can do is be strong in your decision and let other's comments roll off your back.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY btw!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #4
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

You are SOOOO far from naive to be making such educated decisions about these things at your age. I'm 22 as well, and really, many mom's don't figure these things out for sooooo long. Lots of people just can't handle the fact that we might actually know what we're doing, even as young moms.

Good for you!