Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Moving!

We are moving in exactly one month from today (yes, 3 days after xmas) and I am so excited and NERVOUS!!! I have so much to get done and it all falls on me because DH works at UPS and quite obviously this is their very busy time of year. I have so much purging to do and I am already stressing about it. I want our new place to look nice! We are just moving from a 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom in our same apartment complex so we don't have to box everything up but I want to go through everything and only move what we need.

Advertisement

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moving!

Oh what a great opportunity to start off 'fresh' !! I should probably pretend I'm moving and purge,purge,purge!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia01 View Post
Oh what a great opportunity to start off 'fresh' !! I should probably pretend I'm moving and purge,purge,purge!
LOL!

It's awesome that you only have to move stuff w/in the same complex and will have a little more space in the new place. I think the timing is perfect because you'll be in a new place for the new year. You've already done so much purging that I wanted to recommend that you TRY to not stress so much about the purging right now. I understand not wanting to move what you don't need, but w/ a move and X-Mas in the same month, too much purging will likely add to the short term stress level. Do what you can, but try to remember that you can always continue purging later.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom View Post
LOL!

It's awesome that you only have to move stuff w/in the same complex and will have a little more space in the new place. I think the timing is perfect because you'll be in a new place for the new year. You've already done so much purging that I wanted to recommend that you TRY to not stress so much about the purging right now. I understand not wanting to move what you don't need, but w/ a move and X-Mas in the same month, too much purging will likely add to the short term stress level. Do what you can, but try to remember that you can always continue purging later.
That's good advice

OP I am a bit jealous!! how exciting to start the new year in a new place
clothlover8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Yes, we are very excited. I don't really care about having more space but right now we live on the 3rd floor and I hate lugging 3 kids and almost a months worth of groceries up the stairs. With the 3 bedroom it is a townhouse so I still have one set of stairs but not that I have to take groceries up. We will also have a small patio whereas we don't even have a balcony in the apartment and best of all I will have a washer and dryer in my space!!!! I am super excited and since I always get Christmas money my sister and are taking a trip to ikea. I am really excited but definitely still a bit stressed

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd focus more on the aspect of organizing. Some purging can go along while you do it, but it was so annoying to open a box from our first house only to find items that needed togo 3 different rooms in our new house. We had let our dining room become our catch-all so I'd find old belts, electronics, books, dishes, random pieces of unknown origin all in one box together. Wish I'd organized it better beforehand. Clearly label each box that's in each closet and storage area they go to the right room. You'll most likely be doing a big purge after Christmas anyway, so a purge can wait.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
crnchy_mama_lala
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
I'd focus more on the aspect of organizing. Some purging can go along while you do it, but it was so annoying to open a box from our first house only to find items that needed togo 3 different rooms in our new house.
This! Especially if your home has more than one floor. If I had our move to do over I would just leave a box open in every room of the house until everything was packed and be seriously OCD about packing and labeling.
crnchy_mama_lala is offline   Reply With Quote