Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #41
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else have a bigger family but a small house?

We have 3 boys, 2 adults and one baby in the oven in a 1000 sq ft house. 3 bed, 1 bath. We plan on adding at least one more after this baby into this house and will be just fine. I dont see the issue, I guess to some people they have a lot of STUFF that takes up too much room.

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #42
kdzb243
Registered Users
seller

We have 4 kiddos, 4 dogs, and my DH and me living in a 3 bedroom house. One bedroom is an office, one is a toy/school room and we actually all sleep in a bonus room upstairs. We're even contemplating downsizing at the moment.
kdzb243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #43
MrsGinCamarillo
Registered Users
seller

We have seven children, plus my Mom in a 1500 sq ft three bedroom home. It's tight, but works
MrsGinCamarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #44
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

r u sure your not living in my apt? i also live in a 3bd, 2 bath, no basement. about 1,000-1,200 (just a guess not sure) dinky aparment. lol we have 3 boys in one room. r oldest in his own room, & my daughter w/ us. we had CPS look @ r place & everything. all they cared about was that each child had there own bed & boys w/ boys. girls w/ girls. it has never been an issue for us.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #45
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

I miss our small space. We moved into my parents old house and now there is too much space. We have too much stuff, and we often go hours without seeing each other. We are looking for an RV and plan to live in it for awhile, so then we will be in a tiny space
Old 12-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #46
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tell people "we collect kids- not stuff, not pets, ... children". haha. We have 10 (7 all the time and 3, 50% of the time) and we do this in a 4 bedroom house. 1 boy room, 1 girl room and a baby room. bedrooms hold beds and clothes (and we are minimalist on that because I hate being over run by laundry) and each kid has a special tote that they keep their personal things in so that we dont get over run by stuff. We have craft things, books... play mobile. boys have legos girls have dolls. dress up box and a small ikea bin that fits on our ikea book shelf of a few misc. living in a smaller space with lots of people helps keep you grounded I think. Take away all the extra stuff and there is plenty of room =)
Old 12-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #47
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I was told that CPS looks at making sure boys have their own room seperate from girls. Once children reach a certain age (can not remember the age) CPS will frown upon parents sharing a bedroom with children because of the potential of the child to see something they shouldn't. Also, if the home is on septic the amount of people is limited because septics can only handle so many people and the septic size is based on the size of the home. I believe homes built with septics are built to allow for 2 people per bedroom. Anything over that will be too much for the septic to handle. However, if you do not have a septic and plan to seperate boys and girls I don't see how you could possibly get in trouble. The other option is to flat out call CPS and ask.

I personally have a 1300 sq ft. house with 5 people and one on the way. I have seperated the boy from the girls. Mostly because the girls are older and want privacy when changing clothes etc... I would love it if only I could downsize some of the extra junk and clutter.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #48
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

i think how many kids u can fit per room depens on where u live. i rent & r aparment complex has aparments from 1 bedroom up to 4 bedrooms. we live in a 3 bedroom w/ 5 kids. we were offered a 4bedroom 2 times & both times we have turned it down. r landlord told us that we dont have to move into a 4 bedroom unless we had one more child. my dh had the big "v" done so no plains there. they have no issues here w/ 4 kids sharing the master bedroom. i did ask CPS & they told me there ok w/ brothers & sitsers sharing a room till the oldest in the room is seven. raight now we have r older 2 boys (8 & 5) sharing a room & my younger 3 (4 boy, 2 boy, & 1 girl) sharing the master bedroom. when the younger 2 boys r old enough we plain on putting a 4 boys into 1 room.

Last edited by moms5angels; 12-18-2012 at 09:04 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #49
5timesmom
Registered Users

I am expecting #5 in a 1080 sq.f. 3br, 1.5bath. It works. Sometimes, I cry for more storage room... But other then that, why not?! The w boys sleep in a room, DD sleeps in the other one and the 13 months old cosleeps with me. She will be about 17 months when I deliver so, I might just add a mattress in my room and add the NB in the family bedroom... we'll see how it goes!
5timesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #50
blackberry75
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
We were renting an 800 sq ft house when we had #4, it was DEFINATELY squished but it worked for a few months til we bought our current 4 BR/2 BA house now. When we did move in here though we gave the girls the Master BR since it was bigger- we have 4 girls so right now my son has his own room (when they were little it didn't bother me them sharing a room but now that they're older we don't do that) the 3 older girls have a double loft/bunkbed and the baby has her own room. Having said that we want more! And we always get comments like "aren't you out of room" or "you've got a full house" all the time. At this point I've learned not to care what people think or say. They aren't paying my bills so it's none of their business. I say do what you can afford. Kids adjust and do fine as long as they are in a safe/loving environment. It's better to do that then have to worry about money for things you can't afford every month or you/DH having to work more to afford some high payment for a bigger house. I can't imagine there is any state that would allow someone to be kicked out for having 3 kids in one room renting or not.
To the bolded statement; I'd rather live in 800sqft surrounded by family than 3000sqft by myself. A full house is a house full of love imo.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote