Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaper Cozies? Stupid idea?

There are a few people that make these. For me the benefit is you can use them to add elastic legs (keep messes off wool and/or go coverless) to whatever inserts you already use for cheaper and without having two whole stashes. The main version is the Rita's Rump Pocket pattern, but I know a few Etsy shops that have really cute flannel ones.

Advertisement

Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

In the world of sposies... Many moms have "diaper covers". They are just cute pull on (over the diaper) undies or bloomers. I think these would be more practical than something that would snap on a diaper. Almost every brand of diaper has a slightly different snap pattern and shape. It would get very complicated trying to make a cozy (as I'm understanding it) for every type of diaper out there.

Something like the ones below would be more cost effective.
http://www.danamadeit.com/2010/08/th...e-pattern.html

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It wouldn't have to be limited to fitteds? It just sounds like what you "use to" put over little girls diapers under their dresses -- like underwear covers.

I think its a cute idea but people would still be diaper crazy.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
risata
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
In the world of sposies... Many moms have "diaper covers". They are just cute pull on (over the diaper) undies or bloomers. I think these would be more practical than something that would snap on a diaper. Almost every brand of diaper has a slightly different snap pattern and shape. It would get very complicated trying to make a cozy (as I'm understanding it) for every type of diaper out there.

Something like the ones below would be more cost effective.
http://www.danamadeit.com/2010/08/th...e-pattern.html
This is what I was thinking, too. We call them butt covers. lol
Old 11-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the input Mamas. I know all about sposies covers. Those pull ons that look like underwear.

They would be so much cuter if they were form fitting over the diaper. Not a "onesize" fits all but maybe customs for common fitteds or popular WAHMs or they make them themselves.

I have no plans to make them. I am not a crafty mama. I can sew straight lines for blankets, wipes & binkie blankies. Not much else, haha. I was just curious if anybody else would use them.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote