Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #41
1sttimemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone ever wish for twins?

I used to think it would be cool... before I had DS. Now the thought utterly terrifies me, DS is only 2 and I'm bringing TWO babies into his life in a very short time!!! He still needs mommy and mommy doesn't know if she's going to have time for him.... so NO definitely was not wishing for twins with this pregnancy... but that doesn't mean I won't welcome them with open arms.

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #42
AmandaRenee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH really wants twins. I told him it was all fine and dandy for HIM to want them, but I was the one who would be a cranky gigantasaurus!

I really didn't want twins the first time around. I thought it would be too hard for us since this is our first baby. I don't like that mamas carrying twins are often coerced into c-sections or inductions by pushy OB's. Or that I "couldn't" have a m/w through my insurance b/c I would be high risk. So one is good.

Though according to the "sewing needle" test, I still have three more babies coming. So we'll see how it all ends up!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #43
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia
I was a twin and my mom m/c the other around 12 weeks. I have always felt a strong bond/attachment/curiousity of twins.

When I was 5 I told my mom the difference between identical twins and fraternal. I had a dream about it. So weird.

Anyway, we hope our next pregnancy is twins. DH wants Irish twins if we don't have regular twins. Not that we can really plan either situation, but we can try.
I was a twin too, but mom mc my sis. I found out when i was five and my "invisible friend" had her name. I have always felt like someone was missing in my life.

Back on subject, yes, I want twins. Twin boys. As soon as I finish school It is hard enough to get babysitters for class now.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #44
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRenee
DH really wants twins. I told him it was all fine and dandy for HIM to want them, but I was the one who would be a cranky gigantasaurus!

I really didn't want twins the first time around. I thought it would be too hard for us since this is our first baby. I don't like that mamas carrying twins are often coerced into c-sections or inductions by pushy OB's. Or that I "couldn't" have a m/w through my insurance b/c I would be high risk. So one is good.

Though according to the "sewing needle" test, I still have three more babies coming. So we'll see how it all ends up!
What is the sewing needle test?
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #45
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love mine twins to pieces! That said, I didn't go INTO Invitro wishing for them. I was just hoping for one! Twin and highER order multiple pregnancies are way harder and can cause so many more complications! I think that anyone who wishes for them should check themselves in for a short stay :-)
Old 11-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #46
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a twin and loved it. my mom had two difficult twin pregnancies and lost the first set at 26 weeks. I am confident that I wouldn't have the same issues (she had undiagnosed autoimmune issues), but I still wouldn't want twins just because it would be a lot harder to babywear and cosleep and EC, all of which I really enjoy.
Also I really don't think that my husband could handle it.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #47
MyLovely
Registered Users

I don't wish for them, but they run so strongly in my family (fraternal, obviously) that I accepted long ago that they may someday be my reality. I obviously hope for just one (everything would be easier), but would not be upset if I got a bonus
Old 11-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #48
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wanted twins, prayed for twins and GOT twins My next pregnancy was also twins and SO many people said we were crazy for being happy about two sets of twins. Well we lost both babies and are pregnant again but this time with a singleton. I love my twin girls and feel very blessed to have them!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #49
smazourek
Registered Users

I was really hoping I'd have twins, I'm pregnant with my first and don't ever plan on being pregnant again so a two-fer would have been nice. Oh well.
smazourek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #50
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sorry for your loss OP

Hubby and I pray for singletons, but would feel blessed with 2

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum