Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #271
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

YAAAAY Deanna!!!!! that is SUCH great news I havent been on here in a week, and just realized reading through that we're in the same ddc SOOOOO happy for good news!!!!

Tomorrow marks 7 weeks for me. I've been really sick this week, until yesterday and today. i'm still not feeling great, but i'm not glued to the couch. I think I had some hormone surges this week and got dehydrated too. Felt like I had the stomach flu without ever getting sick or finding relief. So of course now i'm trying not to worry and analyze the lessened symptoms and just be happy to be upright. I started spotting the day I turned 7w with my loss in April. This next week will be difficult. I've been in the camp of not calling or going in at all until 12 weeks, but now i'm sitting here rethinking that. But the first time, I thought I was already 7 weeks and babe measured just over 5. but we had a HR then.... it all just swirls in my head. The "what ifs" that will devour me if i let them. I've been super optimistic thus far. But hitting 7 weeks is scarry.

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #272
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yay Deanna!!!!!!

Jamie...so sorry to hear you're in the thick of one of the scariest parts. Feeling sick is no fun, but at least it manages to be a good sign that things are well. Fluctuations are normal, too...enjoy the mild respite if you can. I hope these days go by quickly for you!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #273
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejo View Post
Tomorrow marks 7 weeks for me. I've been really sick this week, until yesterday and today. i'm still not feeling great, but i'm not glued to the couch. I think I had some hormone surges this week and got dehydrated too. Felt like I had the stomach flu without ever getting sick or finding relief. So of course now i'm trying not to worry and analyze the lessened symptoms and just be happy to be upright. I started spotting the day I turned 7w with my loss in April. This next week will be difficult. I've been in the camp of not calling or going in at all until 12 weeks, but now i'm sitting here rethinking that. But the first time, I thought I was already 7 weeks and babe measured just over 5. but we had a HR then.... it all just swirls in my head. The "what ifs" that will devour me if i let them. I've been super optimistic thus far. But hitting 7 weeks is scarry.
Passing any of those points is really hard.
It is very normal to have good days and bad days with m/s, but at the same time I know how worrisome it can be to have a good day suddenly!

It is completely up to you whether or not you go in. I think the only "right" choice is to do whatever is going to cause you the least stress.
For me, that meant I didn't go near the Dr's office until just a few weeks ago, at 18 weeks. I just couldn't do it. I had less anxiety just letting the days pass than I did when I thought about going in and what we might find out. I did make myself go at that point because I knew how important the u/s would be for DH, and for me too, in getting through the rest of this pregnancy. I know people may look down on me, or think that was irresponsible of me, but I know our situation and I know that this was the best choice for us.
If you feel like having an u/s sooner rather than later would be helpful for you to ease your worries, I would go in for an appt (but would skip all the "normal" prenatal exams and whatnot - at least until I knew what was going on) and get a req in for an urgent u/s. There shouldn't be any argument about it and it shouldn't take long for an appt.
If you don't feel like that would help you any, or if you just can't handle thinking about that decision right now, that's okay too.
with whatever you choose. and your little bean is snuggled in there safe and sound!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #274
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was told I should join this thread. I was waiting for the new thread to be started today but I have time now so I thought I would post an introduction here then catch up to everyone with the new thread.

Most people know my story but my story in a nutshell is, infertile, got pregnant (with help) got triplets. Lost the triplets after they were born alive at 24 weeks (DD lived longest at 5 months 5 days), did IVF got "baby D" but miscarried at 9 weeks due to Turners Syndrome. Did IVF again, got pregnant with my son (4 years old). Went back at 1 year post pardom and a routine ultrasound showed a large mass that turned out to be "Larry the Lymphoma". Went through 6 rounds of Chemo, several scans, 2 surgeries, and 20 rounds of pelvic radiation and got in remission on my son's Alexanders death day anniversary (August 11). Been in remission for 2 years now got clearance to do FET and did FET in July. Got pregnant but was chemical. Did another FET in September and it didn't work. Did a FET November 12 and to my shock (as it was my last embryo) I am now pregnant. First ultrasound yesterday showed one sack. I am due on August 1 (praying that doesn't go 1 day earlier as that is when I gave birth to my triplets 6 years ago).

I am assigned high risk and will only be seeing my RE and a peri. My oncologist will be overseeing me as well. I have kept my port (device to get IVs and blood from) so I can have a more "natural" c-section. Every decision I make right now has to be cleared by all of my doctors so I am sort of walking on egg shells this time around.

I have blood draws on Monday and Friday of this next week, with another ultrasound on the 10th. I have been told I will be on P4 injections past the time that I leave my RE (12 weeks) and I can't go past 38 weeks (with a singleton) per my Peri, 36 weeks per my oncologist. I am letting them fight that one out. I see my oncologist again on January 15, and I have a port flush in a couple of weeks (they need to be flushed periodically at my onc's office).

Well that is probably TMI. I am trying to treat this pregnancy like I did my son, and not worry about every little thing because Baby E doesn't know what happened to his/her siblings. However sometimes that is easier said then done.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #275
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Welcome, Jennifer!
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #276
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer - Congrats on your new bean! for many months to come and a healthy sticky bean in there!
I can't imagine going through an ordeal like you have had I hope that things carry on normally for the next little bit and then you can relax somewhat and have a more "normal" pregnancy.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #277
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah Deanna and welcome Jennifer!!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #278
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Welcome, Jennifer!! I hope and pray you have a wonderful 9 months ahead of you! I, too, am a Lymphoma survivor. I'll be 4 years in remission in February.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #279
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Yay for a great u/s Deanna.

Welcome Jennifer. I've been following your thread in SS and am glad to see you here!

Jamie: I think we've all felt the same way in the early weeks. Always filled with anxiety after going through loss. I'm always in the camp of going to the u/s early, 6-7 weeks so that I can see what I'm dealing with. The what ifs just kill me. But then again, many of us know that just because we've seen a HB, doesn't mean we'll have a take home baby. Just do what's best for you and your sanity.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #280
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby
But then again, many of us know that just because we've seen a HB, doesn't mean we'll have a take home baby. Just do what's best for you and your sanity.
And that is exactly where I am now...which is such a let down after my high of actually seeing a good heartbeat. Now I try to distract myself from dwelling on whether or not it will still be there when I go back next time. It is such a vicious cycle!

Welcome Jennifer! for all you have been through mama, but soooo happy you are here with us now.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote