Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Uaaarg, still so sick, pity part

I'm 13w 4days and yesterday I was the sickest I've been yet. It's been a miserable time since 6 weeks and I thought I was starting to feel better then yesterday hit. I think I threw up at least 6 times. I couldn't keep anything down. I can't keep on like this. My house is a mess, I can barely get 1 load of laundry done, I'm supposed to get a home daycare started and I've been too sick, in a couple weeks we won't be able to pay our mortgage plus no one wants me to babysit because I'll have to take a month off in June. My daughter didn't gain any weight in the last 3 months and I feel like it's my fault because I've just been feeding her canned baby food. My husband has had a terrible flu which again is probably my fault as he's been eating frozen dinners for more than a month. I can't take care of my family. This has to come to an end. I wake up every morning with a feeling of dread of another long miserable day. The only thing they give you in Canada is Diclectin and it doesn't work, plus it's almost gone and I can't afford more. I hate this. Why do some people not get morning sickness at all and others like me get so so sick?

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Uaaarg, still so sick, pity part

Are you sure that's the only thing available to you? I'm not in Canada, so I don't know what's approved there, but there are several anti-emetics. It might just be a matter of switching doctors. Just because the Diclectin doesn't work, doesn't mean something else won't. If you're going more than 24 hours without keeping fluids down, or with a very tiny amount, it's time to think about getting IV fluids. Dehydration, besides being dangerous, will make your nausea worse.

Don't give up hope yet. For a lot of women 12-14 weeks is the hardest because there is a hormone change. Things will get better eventually, just focus on each day as it comes. It's the only way.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, I'm really hoping 14 weeks will be the turn around. Diclectin is the only anti-nausea medicine approved for use in Canada. I sometimes take extra B6 before bed and that helps a bit. I'm keeping things down more today. One things that's hard is the only liquid I can keep down is milk, I think because it has more substance. I love milk but I would really like a big glass of water but somehow it fills my stomach too much and just comes back up. Yesterday I tried apple cider, no go, it came up fast. I'm looking forward to being able to drink lots and lots of water. I'm seriously considering this being my last baby. I wanted 4, this is #2 but I don't know if I can go through this again. Maybe we'll looking into adoption after this. I've always wanted to adopt. I love children, just not when they're in me.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you talked to your doctor about anti-histamines or steroids? I've not tried them yet, but I know they work for some.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
ingrid5699
Registered Users

How much Diclectin were you taking? You can take up to 8 pills safely. (look it up at the infantrisk website or even call them if in doubt!). And Zofran should be an option but you might have to really push for it.
Totally with you though-I have yet to feel better too though I guess I am slightly better than I was 4 weeks ago and at least I can get by without IVs now.

Take it day by day.

(((Hugs))) on the finances. I consider myself super lucky there because Austria has such WONDERFUL maternity laws. Because I'm so sick still I was just put on extended maternity leave (yup at just over 14w!) and will get my full salary until 8w past birth now. (and then a good amount/month as long as I choose for up to baby's 3rd birthday plus my job will be waiting for me even after all that time)
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote