Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #81
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Looks like a 3rd girl. I'm so bummed. I literally cried the whole way home. I feel like a whiner, but I've always wanted to have both.

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #82
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hey mamas. Been reading along, but I'm not very chatty this week. We've got a busy weekend and then our anatomy scan on Monday. Wish I were more excited, but my dog drama really has brought us down this week.

Glad to hear about more good ultrasounds and boo to still being sick.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #83
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Looks like a 3rd girl. I'm so bummed. I literally cried the whole way home. I feel like a whiner, but I've always wanted to have both.
I was anxious to hear about your u/s cuz I know you felt so strongly about it. I am sorry you feel disappointed today. my bil had 3 girls and was absolutely heartbroken every time. I totally understand cuz I cried when I found out dd was a girl cuz I wanted a boy so bad. But of course she is amazing and I can't imagine anything else. I believe that we are given just exactly what we are meant to have.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #84
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have gender disappointment too. I wanted another girl. Im sure if you go out and buy her a cute new oitfit it can help you bond. Hugs.

We had clara's bday party tonight. Whew. After cleaning and setting up all day,my back is killing me. I actually hurt all over:/
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #85
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sorry to hear the disappointment and hope it passes quickly.

I'm a bit disappointed because I want another girl and the big prediction on this baby is boy. We're team green, so I'm just trying to be okay either way. Almost a reason to find out... But too late for that anyways, ultrasound is over.

AFM: am extremely irritable. Toddler is tantruming constantly and DH is out at a military bar hopping event. Don't really care that he's there. More irritated that he played the whole 'I don't want to go, I have to go' thing which is hogwash and I hate when he uses military crap as an excuse. Just be honest. Blood pressure rising here, I can feel it in my chest.

Put tantruming toddler to bed about 10minutes early. Feel like failure as a mom, need a break, but don't really have any friends here still that I could escape with tomorrow for much needed down time. And that depresses me. So feel like a failure as a person too.

Am unhappy camper right now and hate myself for being whiney too. Triple score!!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #86
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Dont feel like a failure bc your toddler is acting their age *hugs* trust me, even in your worse day there are plenty of worse mothers sry about dh.....honesty is better imo, too.

I feel ya about friends, while i have a few close friends, they live a few towns away so its hard to get together. Maybe take a bath during naptime.....or even a nap
Old 12-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #87
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm sorry that you're feeling disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
We've got a busy weekend and then our anatomy scan on Monday. Wish I were more excited, but my dog drama really has brought us down this week.
for a wonderful scan. about your doggie troubles - how are things going there? (if you don't want to talk about it, I totally understand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
We had clara's bday party tonight. Whew. After cleaning and setting up all day,my back is killing me. I actually hurt all over:/
Oh no! That stinks! Did the party go well, though? Maybe try to have a "resting" day today - movies for the kids, lots of laying on the couch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Am unhappy camper right now and hate myself for being whiney too. Triple score!!
Definitely don't feel guilty - toddlers can be horrid! I mean, they're wonderful and I love my babies... but toddlers can be terrible hard to deal with at times! There's absolutely nothing wrong with putting her to bed a few minutes early - heck, that extra sleep may be just what she needs!
Is there any way you can get away tomorrow by yourself? Have a few minutes alone, go to a coffee shop and just sit and daydream? Ooo, or a bookstore - any good bookstores with coffee shops?! (that's one of my favorite "getaways" )

I don't have any advice about the DH - just understanding! I totally kwym - just say it instead of talking around it or making out like you have no other choice!

AFM: Tired this morning. Still not much of a voice, ah well. We're going to get up and going here in a few minutes - have to get DS1 and DS3 to the in laws for the day, then off to more Bethlehem Live shows. Last night went really well, the kids did good! I'll have to post a pic of them all dressed up later.
DS1 has karate this afternoon, though, so FIL is going to take him there. I think DS then wants to come to do the evening show with us - not a big deal, and totally his choice. Levi is staying with them all day
Ahh... busy weekends. Oh well, 'tis the season!

Oh - and H A P P Y D E C E M B E R everyone!!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #88
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mibarra- I'm not sure why it didn't show in multiquote. I'm sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Hey mamas. Been reading along, but I'm not very chatty this week. We've got a busy weekend and then our anatomy scan on Monday. Wish I were more excited, but my dog drama really has brought us down this week.
I'm sorry about the dog drama. Cant wait to hear how your u/s goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I have gender disappointment too. I wanted another girl. Im sure if you go out and buy her a cute new oitfit it can help you bond. Hugs.

Hope the party went great and that you feel better! Maybe a long hot shower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Sorry to hear the disappointment and hope it passes quickly.

I'm a bit disappointed because I want another girl and the big prediction on this baby is boy. We're team green, so I'm just trying to be okay either way. Almost a reason to find out... But too late for that anyways, ultrasound is over.

AFM: am extremely irritable. Toddler is tantruming constantly and DH is out at a military bar hopping event. Don't really care that he's there. More irritated that he played the whole 'I don't want to go, I have to go' thing which is hogwash and I hate when he uses military crap as an excuse. Just be honest. Blood pressure rising here, I can feel it in my chest.

Put tantruming toddler to bed about 10minutes early. Feel like failure as a mom, need a break, but don't really have any friends here still that I could escape with tomorrow for much needed down time. And that depresses me. So feel like a failure as a person too.

You are not a failure! Going to bed 10 minutes early is not a big deal, I do that all the time when I need a break! Could you just go get a warm beverage(hot chocolate/tea/coffee) and window shop? I used to do that alone all the time when I lived in the city. Booo on DH for making excuses for going out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

AFM: Tired this morning. Still not much of a voice, ah well. We're going to get up and going here in a few minutes - have to get DS1 and DS3 to the in laws for the day, then off to more Bethlehem Live shows. Last night went really well, the kids did good! I'll have to post a pic of them all dressed up later.
DS1 has karate this afternoon, though, so FIL is going to take him there. I think DS then wants to come to do the evening show with us - not a big deal, and totally his choice. Levi is staying with them all day
Ahh... busy weekends. Oh well, 'tis the season!

Oh - and H A P P Y D E C E M B E R everyone!!!
I'd love to see pictures! Hope you get your voice back soon!!!

AFM:
So they think I might possibly have mono. The test won't show positive until you've been sick atleast a week. I had mono almost a year ago and I really hope thats not it. He said the meds they gave me to rule out strep, weren't strong enough to treat strep, so he gave me a stronger antibiotic too. It's really hurting, and I feel like I have a high pain tolerance, I went through natural labor with DS, so I think it is more then strep but I guess we'll find out.
Last night DF and my Dad met half way(its 90 miles between us) and my parents took DS for the weekend so I can rest. And my amazing Dad brought me Sams Club pizza(I LOVE their pizza, and we don't have one by us) and flowers DF is working in the barns today, and working on building a new barn. So he's been really busy.
There's a Christmas craft type thing going on in our town this morning, I'd like to go check it out maybe if I can get myself together in time.
The RSVP date for our wedding is in 4 days and I'm still missing half of them.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #89
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
AFM: So they think I might possibly have mono.
There's a Christmas craft type thing going on in our town this morning, I'd like to go check it out maybe if I can get myself together in time.
The RSVP date for our wedding is in 4 days and I'm still missing half of them.
Shucks. Mono sucks. But if it is that, I hope they get it figured out quickly to get you feeling better asap!

Have a good time at the craft thing - sounds like it's worth getting going and ready for!

Hmm... I wonder if people are going to be away/out of town for Christmas and so not able to come? But then, they should still RSVP to say that.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #90
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ouch for mono and hope those RSVPs come in quickly - I'm a horribly late RSVP'r... But I try to give a couple weeks prior.

Thanks for the support - this toddler transformation has turned me into an emotional zombie - i feel defeated. I'm feeling better this morning. Prayed last night that I would wake up in a good mood and thankfully I did.

I realize that the issue isn't completely a lack of friends... More like everyone is a parent, so getting 'away' isn't easy like it used to be. Ah well. Add to that most everyone I know is a wife, mother AND student and I really don't know how these women have time for anything.

Baby is kicking in a new spot. Not as low, but can't be high enough to be head down. No weird belly shapes for sideways. Maybe baby is just punching instead of kicking I think DD punched more than kicked.