Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #91
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Shucks. Mono sucks. But if it is that, I hope they get it figured out quickly to get you feeling better asap!

Have a good time at the craft thing - sounds like it's worth getting going and ready for!

Hmm... I wonder if people are going to be away/out of town for Christmas and so not able to come? But then, they should still RSVP to say that.
Yea, I think some of them aren't sending it because we know they're coming(our Grandmas, people in the wedding party, ect)? But yes, it'd be nice if they replied one way or the other! We actually have only gotten 2 declines, I thought we'd get more because of the holidays. I really cannot wait

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #92
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Ouch for mono and hope those RSVPs come in quickly - I'm a horribly late RSVP'r... But I try to give a couple weeks prior.

Thanks for the support - this toddler transformation has turned me into an emotional zombie - i feel defeated. I'm feeling better this morning. Prayed last night that I would wake up in a good mood and thankfully I did.

I realize that the issue isn't completely a lack of friends... More like everyone is a parent, so getting 'away' isn't easy like it used to be. Ah well. Add to that most everyone I know is a wife, mother AND student and I really don't know how these women have time for anything.

Baby is kicking in a new spot. Not as low, but can't be high enough to be head down. No weird belly shapes for sideways. Maybe baby is just punching instead of kicking I think DD punched more than kicked.
That's so hard when all you need is a break to "recharge" and you can't get it. When my toddlers are consistently losing their minds they go to bed early. They're usually out like a light and sleep great! . Also isn't there a full moon about now? I never used to believe that but after working in schools all the kids go nuts at that time.

Feeling better today. I'll love my baby no matter what, I just feel kind of cheated. All 5 of my mama friends got the gender they were hoping for on their last baby, so it makes it seem extra unfair.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #93
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
That's so hard when all you need is a break to "recharge" and you can't get it. When my toddlers are consistently losing their minds they go to bed early. They're usually out like a light and sleep great! . Also isn't there a full moon about now? I never used to believe that but after working in schools all the kids go nuts at that time.

Feeling better today. I'll love my baby no matter what, I just feel kind of cheated. All 5 of my mama friends got the gender they were hoping for on their last baby, so it makes it seem extra unfair.
she stayed up and played in her bed for an hour.
so I felt extra guilty.. of course, I only put her to bed 10 minutes early, so she would have stayed up anyways most likely.

but... I really do think she's introverted like her parents and likes the alone time to recharge.

DH got to deal with the cascade of tantrums this morning while I was in the shower. And now I'm going grocery shopping... alone.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #94
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

she stayed up and played in her bed for an hour.
so I felt extra guilty.. of course, I only put her to bed 10 minutes early, so she would have stayed up anyways most likely.

but... I really do think she's introverted like her parents and likes the alone time to recharge.

DH got to deal with the cascade of tantrums this morning while I was in the shower. And now I'm going grocery shopping... alone.
I love grocery shopping alone ! Sometimes even that's a break!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #95
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I love grocery shopping alone ! Sometimes even that's a break!
what's that quote?

you know you're a mom when grocery shopping alone is a vacation and family vacation is like working overtime.

lol

I love my grocery shopping alone. Last week, I took DD because I was trying to be nice and give DH some extra alone time. She's fine - she's always fine in the grocery... but I do like going alone.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #96
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

what's that quote?

you know you're a mom when grocery shopping alone is a vacation and family vacation is like working overtime.

lol

I love my grocery shopping alone. Last week, I took DD because I was trying to be nice and give DH some extra alone time. She's fine - she's always fine in the grocery... but I do like going alone.
Ha! Seriously. We usually end up all shopping together, so even just me and DD1 is a break.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #97
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't like taking DH shopping. He's worse than a toddler.
he just doesn't like being in stores so I feel rushed.

but he is nice and goes grocery shopping for me when I need it. I guarantee it takes him half the time to get in and get out
Old 12-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #98
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

I don't have a quote, but I totally get the gender disappointment thing. I cried when I found out DS was a boy (and not a girl as I had hoped). I thought I didn't care *too* much with this baby, but I do find myself mildly irritated that I can't buy cute girly stuff and my fingers are crossed for a mistake although with a blood test that's not as likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I don't like taking DH shopping. He's worse than a toddler.
he just doesn't like being in stores so I feel rushed.
Yeah, no kidding, except my DH sneaks in chocolates, ice cream, and candy when I'm not looking, whines when I tell him I'm not buying that crap, and wants to walk down EVERY. SINGLE. AISLE. Twice. Shoot me. I think I would enjoy shopping with your hubby. I have it down to a science and do our monthly trip in less than two hours. I hate going to the store. I spend as little money and time there as possible.

AFM: Sorry I haven't been around much! We have been so busy lately - I've been reading but haven't had time to respond.
DS is sick. DH let him run around without a coat on after Bible study on Thursday (hello, GERM CENTRAL) and I told him to put a jacket on, but nooooo... It took DS a long time to warm up after they came inside (it wasn't freezing outside, but it was cool and DS is just a little guy!) and sure enough, Friday around lunch time DS was a snotty, miserable mess. TMI - Had my first (three) experiences with CDs and diarrhea today. Wow. Not fun, almost threw up, and *almost* asked my dad to go buy me some sposies. Cause no way was I risking going to the store and having that happen IN the store.
Up side - DS is suuuper cuddly. He has never been sick before, so this is new. He hates his face being wiped constantly, and is acting pretty normal, just at a slower speed. I would've expected major crankiness or something.
Got some quotes for our bathroom reno!! Woo! I am so excited. We have so much DIY in progress crap in our house it is super discouraging. We are hoping to keep it under $1300 for the whole bath. It will be $440 for the original cast iron tub to be refinished, planning on around $30 for paint, $200ish for new tub hardware, and doing all of the prep work for the tile guy should save us quite a bit there. Fingers crossed his quote is around/less than $500. Tile will be dirt cheap. So we will have a practically brand new bathroom for next to nothing! and just in time for DH's Grammy to visit in January.
Baby is moving a lot. I still have people chastising me about not showing enough :P starting to wonder if maybe I have a slightly tilted uterus?? My mom's is tilted and she never showed before 6-7 months with all three kids. I wouldn't know since apparently the old U/S tech at my OB's office doesn't know how to communicate - I just got a copy of my records, and I had an anterior placenta with Gabriel!! So I wasn't just imagining feeling this baby earlier - I really have been. I KNEW I never *saw* movement this early with him, but didn't know how to explain it. Now I know. :/

Wow, sorry for the novel!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #99
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes, party was a hit. Kids fell asleep on their way home

I sure hope its not mono.....boooooo!!

Kelsey, hop ds us feeling better now. And i have. A super hard time keeping up with chat

Afm: kids are with in laws tonight so im kickin back. My back still hurt this morning. I really over did it with cleaning and party prep. We had another party today! Im already ready for bed
Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #100
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport

Kelsey, hop ds us feeling better now. And i have. A super hard time keeping up with chat
He is sleeping.. Hopefully all night!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote