Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

It is definitely possible! My mom and her sister are less than 11 months apart. Never rely on breast feeding as birth control.

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: It is extremely unlikely....right?

possible, but not probable.

I always get my PPAF back right away, at like 6-8 wks PP. Everytime. And I've always EBF all my kids. My body is just a baby-makin' machine! LOL.

HOWEVER, I have read that the first cycle is usually a "warning" bleed and is annovulatory.

Also, I had all sorts of weird break-through bleeding and strange discharge, and EWCM at weird times when I was BFing. It can screw up your hormones. So, again, possible, but not probable.

Last edited by Kiliki; 12-03-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hope it works out the way you want.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My ob does a hpt at the 6wk postpartum appt! I was a little thrown off by the pee sample and the doc said I'm testing for pregnancy, I said I haven't even had sex and he said said, "do know how many times I've heard that then have a pos test!"
So, yep...possible!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #15
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Do you have an update? Did you test?
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #16
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I forgot to come back and update! :-). Thursday I started spotting brown but by Friday morning it had turned bright red blood. I assumed it was the first real post partum AF. So when I went shopping on Friday I did not buy a test. I had bleeding all day Friday and Saturday. Sunday I was back to spotting and now, nothing.

I am thinking now that all of it is just my body being weird because I am BFing and only 2 months postpartum and baby thinks he wants to try to sleep through the night occasionally. If I happen to be at Dollar Tree this week I might pick up a test just to see. But I don't really think it will come up positive.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
I forgot to come back and update! :-). Thursday I started spotting brown but by Friday morning it had turned bright red blood. I assumed it was the first real post partum AF. So when I went shopping on Friday I did not buy a test. I had bleeding all day Friday and Saturday. Sunday I was back to spotting and now, nothing.

I am thinking now that all of it is just my body being weird because I am BFing and only 2 months postpartum and baby thinks he wants to try to sleep through the night occasionally. If I happen to be at Dollar Tree this week I might pick up a test just to see. But I don't really think it will come up positive.
My first PPAF after DS came when he was 2 m. I bled for 3 days and majority of it was light spotting of brown. When I mentioned it on my DDC board, the other mamas had me convinced that it was just a 6th week bleed that was a little late and that there was NO WAY that AF had returned that quickly when I was EBF. Well, exactlly 28 days later I started bleeding again and have every single month on the dot since then.

What I think happened with me, and possibly what could have happened with you, is that it is your first PPAF, but that it may have been an infertile cycle. The second one I had was 5-6 days and much more like my normal flow. I was terrified when it happened that for some reason AND without DH or I knowing that we'd had a failure and that I was pg again, but I wasn't. I'd mark the days that you bled on the calendar and wait and see if it happens again next month.