Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by c&w's mama

Love this!!!

can you come to my daycare if I get lucky enough to have another one?
they can't always hear me when I say things like this...
I actually did daycare for a number of years.

Everyone has their own way of comforting my dks. My dh rocks and cuddles. My Mom and sister cuddle and play music. I cuddle and nurse.

Advertisement

mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
oldmomma
Registered Users

Re: Breast addict

DD is teething finally. 3 teeth in 2 weeks so I am sure that is the problem. I just feel like a pain at daycare because I am the mom that cloth diapers, I bf, and now this one has milk allergy and I have to bring in almond milk for her to drink while there. (I am soooo beyond done with pumping that we transitioned to almond milk for everybody but me.)

I am sure that this shall pass once teething is done. I really wish she would carry her around in a sling. Nanna would be surprised the amount of things you can get done with a little one tied to you.

Thanks for the advice and support.
oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmomma View Post
She had been in daycare since she was 8 weeks old. DD is at the stage where she is throwing herself around and that makes nanna nervous.
It sounds like your DD is just hitting a new, louder stage and the DCP doesn't like it. She's going to have to deal, unfortunately. 14 months is so *little* and, on top of that, your weaning plans are no one else's business. I would argue that at just over a year, being a breastmilk addict is perfect!
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
oldmomma
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithyne View Post
I would argue that at just over a year, being a breastmilk addict is perfect!
oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
bea2269
Registered Users

14 by herself? She's got more patience than I do!
bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #16
firstimemommy44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would tell her that when you wean isn't her business, ds1 will be 3 in less than a month and is still a breast addict lol 14 months is tiny and very much a baby.

My swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ellen44
firstimemommy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
safghf
Registered Users
seller

DS is still a boobie junkie at almost 17mo. I haven't considered weaning him because it is most definitely a primary source of sustenance for him. He eats solids really well, but I would estimate about 40% of his nutrition still comes from Mom.

That being said, if I am not around, he doesn't get milk. He's old enough that I don't pump, but I also don't leave him for more than 8 hours (and thats only been one time). He eats other foods, drinks water or smoothie, etc. and my husband doesn't have a problem comforting him or my now 3yo DD.

I would be concerned if Nana has 14 kids at once, and is pushing you to wean because she can't soothe your little one. She is most likely tired, but Nana doesn't have time to tend to her nap schedule if her hands are that full. Yes if you were there you could calm her more easily, but it shouldn't be too difficult to distract her for that last hour until you can give her special mommy loving.

Best of luck, I can't imagine that having your CCP giving you grief makes things easy. You are doing the right thing. Hopefully she will work with you to make things easier for herself and your DD.
safghf is offline   Reply With Quote