Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Re: Insomnia and Anxiety- Need Help Please!!!

Thanks for all the advice! I've been sleeping better lately and am a lot calmer now. It seems like it comes in waves and then just suddenly goes away again. Definitely the tv and/ or reading helps calm me down, and I'm also taking B6 and am going to start taking Calcium/Magnesium. I also find that if I go to bed and kind of 'day dream' about non-serious things, without trying to think about sleep, I usually fall asleep pretty quickly. Does anyone else do that?

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
themrshunt
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
I have to have the TV on. My brain won't shut off. The TV distracts the brain from thinking about all the things I have to do/worries and lets my brain veg. I like to fall asleep to "How Its Made" or other documentaries.
DH would always have a show like this on and now I have a really are time falling asleep without it. It is really bad when I have to get up and pee in the middle of the night and it is off, trying to get back to sleep is miserable.

OP I'm glad you have found some relief.
themrshunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
Mystery
Registered Users
seller

Re: Insomnia and Anxiety- Need Help Please!!!

My OB prescribed Visiril or Vistiril (some similar sounding name) for me while pregnant. If I remember correctly, it is an antihistamine that has the bonus side effect of also being an anti-anxiety med. It worked to calm my racing mind and I could get a little sleep.