Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #11
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Congrats on the BOY, Heather!

Andrea, I panicked when I read December too! We're so close to finally holding our Rainbow babies!

Advertisement

Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
I had Hodgkins... I was so very lucky to have found it early... I was stage one. The only place I had affected nodes was in my neck. I did 4 chemo treatments and 21 days of radiation. My oncologist told me she really didn't feel I'd have much trouble conceiving because the chemo drugs they use for Hodgkins Lymphoma are not extremely damaging to fertility/eggs. She was right, apparently, because I got pregnant twice now since then (one miscarriage) so I guess I'm still very fertile. I feel very, very lucky!
You are lucky! I have no chance of a biological baby after this one. I went into menopause with my 3rd chemo and now I have 2 balls of tissue formerly known as my ovaries in me. I was only stage 2 when dx but it didn't really matter with what I was treated with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
I don't see my OB again until the 17th. All this started a few days after my last appt which was mid-Nov. I'm assuming he'll just say this is normal pregnancy related stuff, though I've never had it before with any of my other pregnancies. Maybe I was just lucky with those? Can't remember if I start the every 2 week appts at 30 or 32 weeks. Anywho, at my next appt I'll be 28.5w.
I thought that you start having them at 28 weeks every 2 weeks. I know I went in to the OB at 28 weeks because I had to go through the rotation of different doctors and I saw the OB who freaked out more then me then! I went in there and said DS was having a "quiet day" and she made me do an non-stress test! Seriously I wasn't worried and I am the lost mom! Thankfully she didn't end up delivering DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
I've been MIA for awhile ladies sorry. DS does weird things to my pc and my phone apparently. However I had decided to be team green and was just not really dealing with it well. We've got so much going on with DH's job ending and I'm just stressed. I felt like maybe knowing would help me bond as I'd just been completely ignoring my pregnancy. I wasn't sure but I think since we had our u/s later than normal (23 weeks) there was just no hiding the fact that we were having a BOY lol. She put the probe down and bam there it was. It certainly helps make things more real and calling him by his name and talking to him is just what I needed to get out of this funk. DH has a permagrin too lol. We're going to tell our families at Christmas.
Congratulations on having a boy! I am sorry though that you are having so much going on in your life right now. I hope things calm down for you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Trace sorry you are in so much pain :-( Hope you somehow feel better-maybe the little Miss will move to a more comfortable spot?

Heather that's how it was with my DS too. Even if we had wanted to be team green we couldn't have because it was so completely obvious. LOL Even my OB chuckled because every time she placed the wand on my belly there would be his goods :P And if my OB was right I have another show off boy this time. She wouldn't confirm for sure because I was only 13w but baby had something between the legs. Anyway-YAY for a boy after 2 girls. Having both genders is really nice and I am constantly amazed how much is determined by that one chromosome.
Wow! I am impressed that you already know what you are having! I hope I can find out that early! Congratulations on having a boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29 View Post
Time to vent. I've been laying on my side since Thursday with horrible hip pain and sciatica. I've been to the MW doctor Chiro called my PT and I'm scheduled for a massage on Wednesday. I'm only 13 weeks along but I have SI joint dysfunction. Will this be a problem the rest of my pregnancy? Will this always be a problem for pregnancies after this? Will I be able to go back to work, care for myself or my family again? I'm 28 years old and feel like I'm 99. :/ I've cried out of pain and frustration SO much. We want a big family and I know there are many other ways to have kids than Conceive and carry them but I'm not sure I'm ready to stop. Any insight? Words of encouragement or anything? I'm frustrated and tired and I can't keep taking the pain meds they have me on because I'm concerned for baby boo.
I am sorry your going through this! I hope you are able to feel better soon. Sorry I can't be of more help.

AFM - Anyone else not thrilled to hear about the new royal addition? I am already terrified of loosing this child, now either way I will be reminded of this child for the rest of my life. Which will really stink if I do end up loosing this child.

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 12-03-2012 at 02:27 PM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
I'm so sorry to be the party pooper, but I'm desperate for some reassurance.
I hope you feel like absolute crap tomorrow - sounds so strange to say that, lol - and get some reassurance that things are okay in there with your bean.

Quote:
AFM-still waiting for the hyperemesis to get better. *sigh* Another bad day with needing an IV yesterday. Oh well-it's worth it!!! Did I tell you guys that I got the leave? So at least we're good financially and it takes some worries off my shoulders because my boss will be able to hire a maternity replacement Still a weird feeling that I'll be a SAHM until baby turns 2. But not a bad thing for sure!
Stupid HG. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with it. I can't imagine being sick like that.
for the leave working out for you! That's gotta be a bit of a relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I do have to say though, when DS was about 3-4 months old we showed DS a photo of DD and he acted like he instantly recognized her. It was very moving. So if this is your first pregnancy after a loss like that, you might be in for a surprise when you show the new baby your lost baby.
I've heard of that happening with other babies after a loss, too. I'm kinda excited to see if it happens with Hiccup.
Actually, I think Hiccup looks like Elli on the u/s (and no, my babies haven't all looked the same on u/s!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
Every night before I go to bed, I sit in the chair in my kids room. I watch them sleep and say my prayers. Last night as I was sitting there, I felt baby wiggling around in my belly for about 10 minutes. Pure bliss. I'll be 15 weeks on Wed and I don't remember wiggles happening this early with other pregnancies, maybe I'm just more in tune with my body this time. I don't know, but it was really wonderful to feel baby moving around in there.

Quote:
I wasn't sure but I think since we had our u/s later than normal (23 weeks) there was just no hiding the fact that we were having a BOY lol. She put the probe down and bam there it was. It certainly helps make things more real and calling him by his name and talking to him is just what I needed to get out of this funk. DH has a permagrin too lol. We're going to tell our families at Christmas.
Congrats on your not-so-shy baby boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
December? I'm so not ready. Can we go backwards and make this the October thread, instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
Andrea, I panicked when I read December too! We're so close to finally holding our Rainbow babies!
Getting down to the "wire" now, eh?! I'm so excited for you mamas!!

Quote:
Time to vent. I've been laying on my side since Thursday with horrible hip pain and sciatica. I've been to the MW doctor Chiro called my PT and I'm scheduled for a massage on Wednesday. I'm only 13 weeks along but I have SI joint dysfunction. Will this be a problem the rest of my pregnancy? Will this always be a problem for pregnancies after this? Will I be able to go back to work, care for myself or my family again?
Unfortunately, yes it will likely be a problem for the remainder of this pregnancy, and likely with any future pregnancies. It may or may not go away after birth, there's no way to tell until you're there, kwim?
I have weirdness in my left hip/pelvis, much worse in pregnancies, that gives me horrid pain, and sometimes my hip will either completely give out (which is just annoying!) or kinda "freeze up" and get stuck in a position. It's bothered me with all my pregnancies, and doesn't go away when I'm not pregnant, though it's not as bad without the extra weight in my pelvis and hormones relaxing joints.

I did have one pregnancy nearly pain/problem free - with DS2. We were going to a chiropractor at that point in time and would see him every couple weeks. By the end of the pregnancy I was going in 2-3 times each week for an adjustment - but it was totally worth it!
I don't know if that's an option for you or not, but it definitely made a difference for me.

Quote:
I thought that you start having them at 28 weeks every 2 weeks.

AFM - Anyone else not thrilled to hear about the new royal addition? I am already terrified of loosing this child, now either way I will be reminded of this child for the rest of my life. Which will really stink if I do end up loosing this child.
With a normal pregnancy you have appts every 4 weeks until 26 weeks, then every 2 weeks until 36 weeks, then weekly until baby is born.
Now that I've typed that out - crap. I'm getting close to every 2 weeks!

I don't pay that much attention to the royals, so it wouldn't feel like a reminder baby for me. I'm kinda glad for them that they're actually pregnant now and the tabloids can stop trying to magically "make" her pregnant every other month!

AFM: I was in to see my Dr last Thursday and he got a letter of referral sent to my OB that day. Today I got an appt card in the mail from the OB - for the 10th!
That's likely normal for most people/OBs, but with Levi's pregnancy I got referred to him at 24 weeks and then they "couldn't fit me in" until I was 35 weeks along! So this is like... whoa.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
A boy a boy a boy a boy!!!! (Just a PSA... be prepared for the poor thing to be used as a dress-up doll by your girls, lol.)
Oh man I hadn't thought of that LOL.

Quote:
Trace sorry you are in so much pain :-( Hope you somehow feel better-maybe the little Miss will move to a more comfortable spot?

Heather that's how it was with my DS too. Even if we had wanted to be team green we couldn't have because it was so completely obvious. LOL Even my OB chuckled because every time she placed the wand on my belly there would be his goods :P And if my OB was right I have another show off boy this time. She wouldn't confirm for sure because I was only 13w but baby had something between the legs. Anyway-YAY for a boy after 2 girls. Having both genders is really nice and I am constantly amazed how much is determined by that one chromosome.
Yes! OMG I'm considering going to get an elective u/s just to have pics. We don't even have any face/profile shots as he was so busy flashin' the goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
Congrats on the BOY, Heather!

Thanks! And yay you're almost there!

Quote:

Congratulations on having a boy! I am sorry though that you are having so much going on in your life right now. I hope things calm down for you soon!

Thanks! Honestly I think I just worked myself into a funk. Things aren't so bad really in the grand scheme of life! DH has some good contacts for future projects it's just the uncertainty of it all that bugs. For once, I'd just like to be truly settled. I didn't say congrats to you yet, glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Congrats on your not-so-shy baby boy!

AFM: I was in to see my Dr last Thursday and he got a letter of referral sent to my OB that day. Today I got an appt card in the mail from the OB - for the 10th!
That's likely normal for most people/OBs, but with Levi's pregnancy I got referred to him at 24 weeks and then they "couldn't fit me in" until I was 35 weeks along! So this is like... whoa.
Thanks and yay for a quick appt! Wow you're 21 weeks yay

Last edited by lilbitcrunchy; 12-03-2012 at 08:29 PM.
lilbitcrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #15
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I've been MIA for awhile ladies sorry. DS does weird things to my pc and my phone apparently. However I had decided to be team green and was just not really dealing with it well. We've got so much going on with DH's job ending and I'm just stressed. I felt like maybe knowing would help me bond as I'd just been completely ignoring my pregnancy. I wasn't sure but I think since we had our u/s later than normal (23 weeks) there was just no hiding the fact that we were having a BOY lol. She put the probe down and bam there it was. It certainly helps make things more real and calling him by his name and talking to him is just what I needed to get out of this funk. DH has a permagrin too lol. We're going to tell our families at Christmas.
Oh my gosh, Heather!!! Yay!!! I'm sooo happy you guys got your boy!

Quote:
You are lucky! I have no chance of a biological baby after this one. I went into menopause with my 3rd chemo and now I have 2 balls of tissue formerly known as my ovaries in me. I was only stage 2 when dx but it didn't really matter with what I was treated with.
I'm so sorry That is so hard, mama.

Oh and... Andrea... No way... we are NOT going back to October... I am sooo glad it's December and I'm less than 3 weeks away from being in the 2nd trimester!!!!!

I went ahead and scheduled a 16 week gender ultrasound at this fun 3D/4D ultrasound place in town... they had a $99 special for 15 minutes... my doctor's office absolutely will not do the anatomy scan until after I hit 20 weeks something like Feb 13th. So at least this way I find out a whole month earlier what I'm having. I can't wait! Less than 6 weeks to go! I am hoping and praying for a little girl, but will be ok with another boy... my gut feeling is saying girl, though, so hopefully I'm right (I was with my son.)
Baby #3 coming July 2015

Last edited by carlycurry; 12-04-2012 at 07:19 AM.
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi Ladies!

Congrats to Heather on the baby BOY! So excited for you

Baby girl and I are doing well over here, I cannot believe how fast the 2nd trimester has gone. I think the holidays are speeding everything up, I feel like I will blink and it will be Feb. then I will be in a panic that I am not ready yet LOL.

Update on my friend who is pregnant after a loss, she got a u/s yesterday and her baby is measuring on track at 11 weeks! Hoping and praying that this is her rainbow baby, we all know how hard that first trimester is after a loss
Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks and yay for a quick appt! Wow you're 21 weeks yay
Yup, I can hardly believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Less than 6 weeks to go! I am hoping and praying for a little girl, but will be ok with another boy... my gut feeling is saying girl, though, so hopefully I'm right (I was with my son.)
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Baby girl and I are doing well over here, I cannot believe how fast the 2nd trimester has gone. I think the holidays are speeding everything up, I feel like I will blink and it will be Feb. then I will be in a panic that I am not ready yet LOL.

Update on my friend who is pregnant after a loss, she got a u/s yesterday and her baby is measuring on track at 11 weeks! Hoping and praying that this is her rainbow baby, we all know how hard that first trimester is after a loss
Oh, I know it! I can't believe how fast the weeks are flying by right now - with birthdays and halloween and now Christmas stuff starting!!! Yikes!

and continued for her.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #18
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I feel like I will blink and it will be Feb. then I will be in a panic that I am not ready yet LOL.
Kinda like how I'm feeling now.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #19
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
December? I'm so not ready. Can we go backwards and make this the October thread, instead?
HECK NO! You could not pay me to go back to 6-10 weeks. There's not enough money in the world. Nope nope nope!

Quote:
Time to vent. I've been laying on my side since Thursday with horrible hip pain and sciatica. I've been to the MW doctor Chiro called my PT and I'm scheduled for a massage on Wednesday. I'm only 13 weeks along but I have SI joint dysfunction. Will this be a problem the rest of my pregnancy? Will this always be a problem for pregnancies after this? Will I be able to go back to work, care for myself or my family again? I'm 28 years old and feel like I'm 99. :/ I've cried out of pain and frustration SO much. We want a big family and I know there are many other ways to have kids than Conceive and carry them but I'm not sure I'm ready to stop. Any insight? Words of encouragement or anything? I'm frustrated and tired and I can't keep taking the pain meds they have me on because I'm concerned for baby boo.
Wish I could help. I have no idea about that sort of thing. I hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I don't pay that much attention to the royals, so it wouldn't feel like a reminder baby for me. I'm kinda glad for them that they're actually pregnant now and the tabloids can stop trying to magically "make" her pregnant every other month!

Thats how I feel about the royal baby. I don't pay that much attention and I hope they can enjoy the pregnancy despite the paparazzi. Also---I've had so many losses at this point that there are a jillion babies that I know born on or around those pregnancies---so many friends' babies who were due near when I was or born when I miscarried, etc. I'm getting pretty good at not paying attention to that sort of thing at this point.

And YAY for being seen adn quickly! Is it just a regular OB checkup or will they do more?

AFM:
My next appointment is my surgery, so I'm really nervous. Can we skip to Dec 20th? The anticipation of being sewn up so this baby will have a harder time sneaking out and the fear of somethign going wrong in surgery are making me CRAZY.

Also, tech thinks this one is a GIRL, so I'm wrapping my head around that still---WEIRD. Thinking of names...Ainsley Charlotte, Ailee Carmen, and Tierney Renee (middle names interchangeable still) are on the table. Boy names? Psh! NO idea---middle name will 95% be William after my grandpa who died in 2000. Other than that, we're totally stumped. We have an Axton Joseph and a Deagan Kieran already, so we like unusual first names (but REAL names spelled properly and pronounced correctly---and we trend toward Irish/Scottish/Gaelic/OldEnglish sorts of names, apparently, haha) but we like to keep the middle names more traditional in case the kid grows up to hate it (my first name is Princess and I often go by my middle name Marie, especially for business purposes and online where its more of a pain in the tush to explain).
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #20
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aww, Marie... I want to speed up this month, too, and you'll feel sooo much better once your cervix is sealed up tightly!!! ... Dec 19th is my Nuchal scan, and the 20th is my son's birthday... plus, I am sooo ready to have him out for Christmas break... this mama could use that time to sleep in an extra hour or two in the morning... I am sooo tired all the time!

How true do you all find the "nub theory" to be with determining gender from a 12 week ultrasound? My nuchal is Dec 19 and I'll be 12w3d... so I'm really hoping to get them to print a good profile shot with the nub shot so I can share it here and see what y'all think. It's really fun to try and predict gender.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote