Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Just a vent about MIL and Cd's

For some sposies just aren't an option and why should they have to be. I look at cding as a parenting choice and I am so sorry your MIL isn't respectful. I've been pretty lucky in that my mom thinks I'm nuts, but supports our efforts and MIL won't change a diaper period.

Advertisement

seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

It's cruddy of her to pull out last minute. If it's a problem she needs to tell you up front so you can make other arrangements. But it's clearly a case of "not about the diapers ".
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #13
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wish I could count on my MIL to babysit....no that wouldn't happen. So glad my mom is around and she is willing to use cloth.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #14
LleytonandJaydensmommy
DO NOT FSOT with! Unresolved transaction issues 2/2013!

My Mood:

sounds familiar. my mil even pitched a fit because i wanted to ebf and she got mad because she wouldn't be able to feed him...ughhh i was like umm because its all about you?!?
LleytonandJaydensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just don't have my in-laws watch the baby for me. I can't stand them anyways and there is nothing in the world that would be so important as to have me interact with them- I'd rather have my hair look like cousin it.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential1892
I just don't have my in-laws watch the baby for me. I can't stand them anyways and there is nothing in the world that would be so important as to have me interact with them- I'd rather have my hair look like cousin it.
What she said. My dad was super resistant to cloth but he manages to use them on my son when he is around. I cloth diaper. It's non negotiable. I do however let them feed my kid cookies and candy to make up for it though lol. My parents can watch my son. My in laws, heck no. The diapers would be the least of my concern lol.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #17
emp1217
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got lots of flack from my in-laws originally...not respecting any decision I made, let alone cloth diapering...but I just stuck to my guns. They've eventually just stopped asking questions, making suggestions, etc. They aren't the sort of people who compromise well, so if you let them have an inch, they'll take a mile kind of thing.

They love my children dearly and I appreciate that, but I understand your frustration!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #18
K.D.
Registered Users

My Mood:

My parents and inlaws used cloth (flats or prefolds with pins), so that hasn‘t been an issue.

A different family member found our FT snaps tricky. Do you have any hook and loop diapers?
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LleytonandJaydensmommy
sounds familiar. my mil even pitched a fit because i wanted to ebf and she got mad because she wouldn't be able to feed him...ughhh i was like umm because its all about you?!?
OMG!! I would flip out!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #20
Carolinagirlbrisa
Registered Users
seller

My MIL hates cloth. She buys disposables to put on the baby when she babysits. She says cloth makes baby too hot?! Cuz I guess all the plastics products in disposables are completely breathable and cool?!? Grrr. My mom keeps my kids when I work and she is fine with cloth, she just always wants to wash them for me and doesn't get my wash routine so they end up stained! She just throws them in with whatever load she's washing at the moment! Drives me nuts!
Carolinagirlbrisa is offline   Reply With Quote