Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
My Mood:
field trip

So I offered to chaperone/drive for my dd's field trip. Her class is third and fourth grade. Of course Mariah is the only one still in a booster (50 pounds and 49 inches). Her teacher thought that one of the smaller boys was still in one so she sent him with me. I asked him if he still sat in a booster in his car. He said no because he's eight. One of the girls pipes up and says, "boosters are for babies!" I looked at her and said, "*A*, Mariah is still in a booster. Boosters aren't for babies; they are for people who need a boost!" I have to hand it to *A*, she tried so hard to make Mariah feel better. She says, "On second thought, yeah, boosters are really awesome. I want to sit in my brother's booster all the time!" I know Mariah was embarassed but I'm so glad to know that noone was out to laugh at her or make fun of her. Made me feel good.

And hopefully the kids learned something new about carseat safety!

Tanya, mama to four wonderful girls, wifey to my favorite guy
DalesWidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: field trip

Awesome! I know when the booster law was passed here, a friend's little girl who was 6 hadn't been in one for awhile, and when her dad went and got her a NBB, she really liked that she could see out the window better.
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote