Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

DS goes to bed at 7, plays for about an hr in his room, then sleeps from usually 8 to 7am. He was napping 11-1 but lately just plays and is not tired at all. So now we are trying out nap at 1 after lunch and he does much better. At 12 mo I think he was still napping twice a day. AM from about 9:30 to 11ish and afternoon 2 - 3ish. He was never a long napper. He went to bed at 6:30pm back then and still slept till 7.

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD had been on the same "routine" from about 11ish months until just recently (she's almost 18 months). Up at 7 (unless I worked early and had to take her to the sitter), nap 9a-11a, nap 2p-4p and around 7ish. Now she gets up at 8 unless I work, naps 1p-3:30/4p and bed 7:30ish. Consistency has always been the key for her. I'm hoping when the newbie arrives, keeping dd's routine consistent will aide in the transition.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If your older baby/young toddler STTN

We are VERY consistent with naps. We used to be with bed time until I weaned her off this final early morning feeding. That seemed to really screw it all up. Now we've been trying different bed times with frustrating results. 4:00 is the most frustrating though and that's with her being asleep at 6:30. I think I will push back bed time tonight. If she wakes at 5:00 I'd be happy at this point.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

At a year old, DD was sleeping 8-9pm (we'd put her down at 8, sometimes she'd play in her crib for a bit) and waking up around 7/7:30am.

She had a 30 minute nap at 11am-ish and then a longer 2-3hour nap at 1ish.

anyways, if she's waking up and just babbling, I'd just roll over and go back to sleep. It's fine. Kids wake up in the middle of the night. As long as they're not calling for you, let them be awake and let them babble and let them fall back asleep. No problems.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #15
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did let her babble until 5 but then she started to cry so I got her and brought her to bed. I nursed her and she laid and watched a TV show with me and then she went down for her morning nap at 6:30. Then she didn't nap again until my DD2 napped which was 1:30-4:00. So she got a great afternoon nap but we need to get this 4:00 wake up to stop. I'm putting her to bed at 8:00 tonight which is what I used to do before we weaned her off her last night feeding. We'll see what happens. Not much can be worse than 4am.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My girls who were my babies/young toddler slept 12 hours and napped 2-3 when they slept through the night. My youngest had an early morning feeding for a while but she dropped it on her own without needing to do anything. I night weaned my older two but my son also had an early morning feeding for a short while that he dropped on his own. He wasn't a good sleeper until after 14/15 months.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 12-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote