Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2x View Post
Can someone link this target detergent? I've never seen it!
I know I can't find it online!! Do they only sell it in stores?!

Advertisement

Last edited by alisonsjulejb; 12-04-2012 at 04:13 PM.
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

It's not online yet, to my knowledge. They just started carrying it at my Target, but it's not in the same aisle as the other detergents; it's over in the eco-friendly aisle with the Method and that stuff. I've been pretty happy with it so far, though I'm not using it exclusively yet.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have used Country Save, Tide Ultra, and now target Clean Pristine lavender. I love it. I hated Country Save. My diapers always smelled coming out of the washer. I have an he FL and at the time hard water. I switched to Tide Ultra, they no longer sell original. It worked but then I put salt in my softner and the bubbles. I could rinse forever and still have suds. I also had to strip, which I have never did before or since. I tried Target on a whim. It is not located in the laundry aisle but in the natural cleaning aisle with Seventh generation and Mrs. Myers. I got the lavander scent but it also comes in free. It works so well. I love it and it gets my diapers really clean. I only have to do one extra rinse. It only comes in liquid. 32 loads for $6.59. Hope this helps you mamas.

Last edited by luvof3boyz; 04-04-2013 at 02:30 PM.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
The Target people should send me a Royality check
Anyways I discovered it several months ago. I was a tide lover but alos delt with lots of rinsing and frequent rashes that I could never pin down to why..
Ive since figured out detergents with brighteners irritate my DD and Ive long since known I NEED enzymes to get my diapers cleaned.. THe target just seemed liek a good fit as it still had the enzymes but none of the other gunk and it was a salt based cleaner not a plant based whic h I HATE..
At first I was jsut okay with it it sudded sooooo much I actually put it aside as a diaper laundry but used it on our clothes with good results and used Dreft on the diapers..
Then I ran out and decided to try the pristine clean, I had to run like 3 extra rounds to rinse but I had nice stain free clean diapers.. DD wore them for 3 days rash free.. SO I kept it up after about the 4th wash I noticed I no longer had to run excessive cycles to rinse it took out stains at about the same success rate as tide did. and best yet my DD had been rash free since.
Like others I do use some bleach in the prewash I use the pristine clean to around the 3/4 line depending on level of soil, I do run one additional quick wash to ensure rinsing as my DD is super sensitive but that is it, we use this on ALL our laundry my girls haven;t had excema outbreaks in over 3 months now..
They totally should send you a check!

I have been using it per Deanna's recommendation and really like it!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
Pollypocket
Registered Users
seller

So glad I found this thread! Totally going to pick up Target Clean Pristine. I have been using All Free & Clear but the results I'm getting are just ok.
Pollypocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #16
koden1977
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just moved to where its well water so a Calgon softener is used. I ALWAYS used Tide, but now the ammonia smell is AWFUL, and she gets a rash frequently. What do I need to do differently with diapers and softer water???
Old 12-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koden1977 View Post
We just moved to where its well water so a Calgon softener is used. I ALWAYS used Tide, but now the ammonia smell is AWFUL, and she gets a rash frequently. What do I need to do differently with diapers and softer water???
Possible less detergent and extra rinses.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #18
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm...thanks y'all I am just eating these good reviews up and I believe I now know which detergent I am going to start cloth diapering with ugghhm target pristine clean.
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
lulutheladybug
Registered Users

I've used all three! Used Tide Original on my first's diapers when she was 2+. It was the only thing that would get our nap and night time fitteds clean in our ancient top loader. Always hated the smell And that it wasn't environmentally friendly.

Then we moved and my first potty trained and we had another and got a front loader. Initially we used country save on our diapers and it worked great. Then as she got older 15 months or so I found myself adding lots of extra washes and bleaching to keep the fitteds clean. Switched to Target pristine clean fragrance free and have been happy for the past two months. I'm not able to do overnight diapers though with any success with my front loader no matter the detergent or wash routine
lulutheladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #20
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulutheladybug View Post
I've used all three! Used Tide Original on my first's diapers when she was 2+. It was the only thing that would get our nap and night time fitteds clean in our ancient top loader. Always hated the smell And that it wasn't environmentally friendly.

Then we moved and my first potty trained and we had another and got a front loader. Initially we used country save on our diapers and it worked great. Then as she got older 15 months or so I found myself adding lots of extra washes and bleaching to keep the fitteds clean. Switched to Target pristine clean fragrance free and have been happy for the past two months. I'm not able to do overnight diapers though with any success with my front loader no matter the detergent or wash routine
So what do you do at night if you can't get any clean?