Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Most absorbant insert

Hello all,
My 17 month old has started getting waking up with a saturated diaper leaks when you pick him up. If he sits on the couch before you get to his diaper it leaves a wet butt print. I'm using a bg 4.0 for night time with the OS and the newborn insert. Ideas?

Advertisement

AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Most absorbant insert

Are they microfiber? You might try a hemp or bamboo. The couch issue sounds like a compression leak.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is it just microfiber that has compression leaks? That sounds like exactly the problem. It squeezes out when you pick him up, too. Great way to start your day! do hemp and bamboo do this? We use cotton aio's for day, but wanted stay dry for night time. What are some good brands with good deals?
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stuff all of our pockets with flip organic inserts- a bit bulky but a total God send for super soakers!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Microfiber absorbs so much, but when you squeeze it and it's too full it comes out. Hemp, bamboo, and cotton do not do this nearly as bad. If you are using pockets, then it's the lining of your pocket that is stay dry. Microfiber is not stay dry. Microfleece, with which many pockets are lined, is. I love love love the Geffen Baby Hemp/Cotton Fleece inserts. They are very trim and absorbent, you could even double up for nighttime. Almost all hemp will actually be a hemp cotton blend. There are also Flip Organics, Thirsties duo hemp prefolds and inserts... so many options.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

Agreed, Thirsties hemp inserts (or prefolds) are super absorbent. I find them better than bamboo on my DD.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely try natural fibers, you could even pair it with the microfiber if you want. Bamboo is my favourite, but hemp holds a LOT. It just takes a little longer to absorb and tends to smell a bit funky if it's not dried properly

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #8
clkcurlyq
Registered Users
seller

We also use the BG 4.0s at night. My son started peeing through the 2 MF inserts a while back, so now we use the OS insert and 2 medium BabyKicks hemp inserts. So far those are keeping him dry for 12+ hours.
clkcurlyq is offline   Reply With Quote